My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Remote Control problem

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

psion444

My remote control regularly stops working and I found the only work around is to remove the batteries momentarily. It then works fine for a short while.
    I've replaced the batteries even though the tester says they are OK with no difference.
    Any suggestions?

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 10:13:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You haven't by any chance accidentally pushed one of the other white buttons (TV/DVD/AUDIO) ? Next time it happens look which white button flashes red when you press a button.

Welcome to the forum.

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 11:20:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mark_s

Hi I'm also getting this problem. The remote stops working and I have to press the PVR, TV, or Stand By buttons for a few minutes to get the machine to respond and then start working again. It started doing this yesterday (8.6.13) and I'm running an HDR-FOX T2 on FHTCP 1.02.29. Any ideas?

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 22:26:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

psion444

I've had the problem for months and have been taking off the battery cover and moving the batteries. I suspected dirt on the battery contacts but now think not. I, like you have found that holding down the PVR button for several seconds is a very temporary fix.

I am amazed that Humax have not had a fix or recall. Perhaps they simply don't care. Something to bear in mind when advising friends and choosing a replacement machine.

I bought a Logitec Harmony 650 Remote which controls the Humax, TV and two other devices. That should not have been necessary.

| Mon 10 Jun 2013 1:34:42 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

I have never really used the Humax remote for any period of time. I had a Logitec Harmony with my old setup before my other freeview box died. I found it easier to turn on the Humax, the TV, set the TV input and volume all with one remote. The Logitec also operates my DVD player and media streaming box too should I want to use them.

Andy

| Tue 11 Jun 2013 9:32:23 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

psion444 - 2 days ago  » 
    My remote control regularly stops working and I found the only work around is to remove the batteries momentarily. It then works fine for a short while.
    I've replaced the batteries even though the tester says they are OK with no difference.
    Any suggestions?

Is your Humax less than 2 years old? If it is, you should be contacting Humax about it. They may send you a replacement remote control.

| Tue 11 Jun 2013 11:39:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

armless

I too experienced a dying Humax remote (very dimn light, etc). I was about to buy a new one but decided to fix it instead.

The fault was with a broken pcb trace located beneath the Samsung microcontroller chip (its VDD pin was left floating and should have been connected to Bat+). Soldered a wire and voila, working remote!

Saved £25.

| Wed 26 Jun 2013 17:32:16 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.