My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote control TV control

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Ok, I've tried all the codes listed in the manual (for Sony) and also the Sony codes listed under other remote controls (3 digits). Obviously, the TV was on while I tried these codes and at no time did the TV switch off. After pressing the 3 digit code and pressing OK, when nothing happened I continued on to the next code and OK until I had gone through all the codes I've found.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 16:00:54 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If one code does not match I think you have to start over again.
    Did the LED flash as each digit was entered?
    you must enter the digits promptly or the process will time out.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 16:13:44 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, I've tried all the codes listed in the manual (for Sony) and also the Sony codes listed under other remote controls (3 digits). Obviously, the TV was on while I tried these codes and at no time did the TV switch off. After pressing the 3 digit code and pressing OK, when nothing happened I continued on to the next code and OK until I had gone through all the codes I've found.

Try vestel codes, a few of the cheaper Sony (and Panasonic) TV's are rebadged Vestels.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 16:14:23 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

J_Oz - 40 minutes ago  » 

Is the TV button flashing 3 times every time you enter a new 3 digit code? If not then you are doing something wrong and you will not find your TV code.

There should be no need to press OK after you enter the code unless your TV has now switched itself off.

If you are following Humax instructions correctly then after entering the 3 digit code the TV button on the remote will blink 3 times and the remote will attempt to shutdown the TV.
    If it does shutdown the TV then you will need to press the OK button to store the successful code that you just entered.

If it does not shut down and you have not pressed 'OK' then you cam just enter the next three digits and the remote should blink 3 times again. But if you have mistakenly pressed 'OK' for an invalid code then you MUST start right at the beginning with pressing the TV button until it lights up again.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 16:49:13 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Got it to work thank you. My mistake was pressing OK after each 3 digit entry.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 17:41:13 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 3 hours ago  » 
    Got it to work thank you. My mistake was pressing OK after each 3 digit entry.

Sorry to point this out, but I did identify the issue in my post identifying the ambiguity in your original post,

or how to continue to try other codes either.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 21:19:13 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Graham where did you point out that the OK button should not be pressed between each try?

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 21:49:17 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Graham where did you point out that the OK button should not be pressed between each try?

I did not but the link to the correct procedure did (which is why posted it in the first place).

[QUOTE}

. Using the Universal Remote Control 1. Select the mode(PVR, TV, DVD, AUDIO) you want to set by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control. The button will blink once. 2. Keep pressing the button for 3 seconds until the button lights on. 3. Enter the 3-digit code. Every time a number is entered, the button will blink. When the third digit is entered, the button will blink twice. 4. If a valid 3-digit code is entered, the product will power off. 5. Press the OK button and the mode button will blink three times. The setup is complete. 6. If the product does not power off, repeat the instruction from 3 to 5.

[/QUOTE}

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 22:37:25 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

You didn't correct him in Post 13 though ...

| Sat 28 Nov 2015 0:13:31 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Graham, It was the manual that you referred to that confused me with its ambiguity. It says to repeat steps 3 to 5 until it works (paraphrase). Now, step 5 is to press OK, so the way I read it was to press OK after entering each 3 digit code (after all if I haven't pressed OK it is rather difficult to repeat press it)
    If I notice someone has made a mistake then I tell them where they have gone wrong as this often rectifies the situation in a more timely manner.

| Sat 28 Nov 2015 8:53:32 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.