My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote control working sporadically -> stopped working

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

se95msb

Unit: HDR-1000S, software version: 1.00.12.

I really like the freesat box and interface. It is a bit sluggish but I can live with that. What I can't live with though is that the remote works intermittently with the unit.

The reason I think this is the remote as opposed to the unit is that the buttons on the front of the unit still work and I can change the channel and increase/decrease the volume/turn it off/on.

What I have tried:
    * I have tried unplugging the unit and re-starting it and still nothing.
    * I have replaced the batteries multiple times (with brand new in date branded batteries).
    * I have tried changing the frequency for the remote and still it is intermittent.
    ill work.

At the moment it isn't working at all so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 21:12:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

se95msb

Clarification to above. I am able to change the frequency on the remote (pressing OK and 0) which seems to point towards the unit as opposed to the remote being faulty.

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 21:32:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

se95msb

FYI after speaking with John Lewis tech support they advised that this was quite possibly a remote fault. Been given advise that need to take out batteries, press and hold the "Power" for 15 seconds and the re-insert the batteries.

This appears to work but will report back if this is a permanent fix or not.

| Mon 11 Feb 2013 21:25:07 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.