My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

REMOTE INTERACTION

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mazepa1

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR and Youview 1000. The remotes interact but the instructions at “Multi Code Function” on this website DO NOT (repeat DO NOT) enable me to set them to separate codes. Please do not refer to that solution. I have tried it many times over several weeks and it simply doesn’t do the job.

If I try to change the Foxsat remote I get no message on my TV screen or simply a message saying that the change has failed.

If I try to change the Youview remote I still get no message on the TV screen. However the code obviously changes since the remote then no longer operates the set. I then have to change the code back to 1 in order to regain functionality.

I have Samsung UE6530 TV.

Please help!

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 12:59:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Works fine for me. I have a Foxsat-HDR, HDR-1000s, HD FOX T2 and HDR FOX T2 all in the same room.

Welcome to the forum.

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 13:03:31 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Perhaps you could describe in detail, in your own words exactly what you are doing to try and change the remote control codeset for the Foxsat? Are you sure the TV is showing the Foxsat screen when you attempt this process?

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 16:16:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mazepa1

I turn on TV. I turn on Foxsat. I set tv to foxsat screen. The other system is in standby (and stays in standby throughout). I press 0 and OK buttons simultaneously. The red PVR button does NOT turn red. I get NO message on screen. I press a button between 2 and 6. I get either a message saying changing code has failed or nothing.

Alternatively with YouView: I turn on TV. I turn on Youview. I set TV screen to Youview. The other system is in standby. I press 0 and OK buttons simultaneously. The red button comes on after 5 seconds. I get NO message on tv screen. I press a button between 2 and 6. The remote no longer operates the Youview system. I repeat process and press button 1 instead of a number between 2 and 6. The remote operates the Youview again.

Any ideas????????

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 12:06:53 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

In the first case before you press the 0 and OK buttons does the PVR button light up if you press the Exit button? If not you need to press the PVR button to ensure the remote is in PVR mode and pressing Exit makes it light up.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 17:09:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Viffergb

I had a similar problem when I recently purchased an HDR FOX-T2 and placed it in the same room as my Foxsat-HDR. I followed the 'Multi Code Function' instructions and they worked fine for me. Make sure you press '0' and 'OK' buttons simultaneously until the 'PVR' button turns red. Confess I'm confused when you say you either get a message saying changing code has failed or nothing. If the 'PVR' didn't turn red, I would not expect to see "..changing code has failed..", just nothing!

But then again, I confess I'm no expert

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 17:17:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mazepa1

Thanks for comments. However I have final cracked it! With the Freesat, instead of pressing 0 and OK buttons simultaneously I Pressed the OK on its own FIRST and held it for a few seconds BEFORE pressing the 0 while still holding the OK. I then held the two together for 5 seconds. Then the PVR button lit up. Then I got the message on screen (first time I have ever seen it!). Then pressing 2 changed the code. Now the two remotes don’t interact. Whoo Hoo!

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 11:51:50 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Mmmm! Just wondering if the keys on your HDR remote are as hit and miss as the ones on mine and the key presses don't registers first time, every time? Thankfully I mainly use my Harmony 555 remote now so don't have to put up with it any more.

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 12:09:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mazepa1

The keys normally respond promptly OK, especially if held right up to machine as I was doing.

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 12:27:46 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.