My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

REMOTE NOT WORKING

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wednesday only

MY REMOTE ALSO STOPS WORKING BUT ONLY ON A WEDNESDAY UNTIL THURSDAY AFTERNOON. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE LINKS TO UPDATE SOFTWARE-AND CHECKED THAT I AM IN AN OPTIMUM PERIOD TO DO SO- BUT MY BOX SAYS NO UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE. I AM UNABLE TO SWITCH CHANNELS AND -MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR ME- CANNOT RECORD ANYTHING AT THIS TIME, EVEN IF I SWITCH THE BOX OFF AND RESTART AND PRESS "RECORD" WITHIN THE 30 SECOND WINDOW. THE TV COMES UP WITH THE MESSAGE THAT IT IS RECORDING BUT THERE IS NOTHING THERE .

| Thu 15 Mar 2012 0:04:26 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Please turn off capitals, it is generally regarded as SHOUTING.

What Humax do you have? Currently software for the 9300 is being transmitted.
    Is the software already the latest version? If your Humax already has the latest software version installed it will report something like 'no new software found'.
    I'm not sure what you mean about a 30 seconds window.
    Does somebody pinch you remote control batteries on Wednesday and replace them on Thursday afternoon without you knowing?

| Thu 15 Mar 2012 0:48:32 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I presume that your comment re 30 seconds is the amount of time before the unit locks up.

Try removing the aerial feed, and access the menu's to get the info Biggles has requested, once we know this, someone might be able to help further.

| Thu 15 Mar 2012 10:48:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveM

I just posted this onto another forum but as a new user, I'm not sure if I ought to have posted it here (which seems more relevent) so here goes:

I have the same problem with my 9300T.

For a number of months now, I have an issue every Wednesday at 10am when the clock on the front panel stops and I'm unable to change channels. This state of affairs persists until 10.00am on Thursday morning when the clock magically starts working, and the unit begins to operate normally again.

To add to my annoyance, the unit (when working Thursday through Tuesday!) has recently started to be sometimes very sluggish from the remote control. For example, there's a delay between pressing the 'Guide' button, and actually getting the program guide on screen. Same goes for channel number selections. I stress - this particular fault happens only occasionally, perhaps two or three times a day, and then only for a few minutes. Switching the unit off then on does not solve this.

Quite why my unit has started to behave this way is a mystery to me. Perhaps it's to do with freeview changes? But it never did this when I bought the unit two years ago, and I've never had a firmware update so the software hasn't changed. I tried manually tuning to Crystal Palace channels which hasn't helped.

Still - I'm intending to update on the next firmware update beginning 27 April, so fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on.

Dave

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 22:26:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.