My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

remote overriding TV remote

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ghost 911

Just purchased a Humax HDR 2ooo T. Remote is overriding my Hitachi TV's remote. With Humax switched on TV remote is fine. Switch Humax to Standby and TV switches off too. I need the 2 remotes to work independently as the TV has additional features the Humax remote cannot operate.

I have not linked the TV and Humax by applying a code.

Help please.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 11:00:50 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Change the operating mode of the Humax remote

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 11:04:04 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If turning the Humax back on also turns the TV on then it could well be HDMI-CEC which you should be able to turn off on the TV.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 12:03:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ghost 911

Thank you Graham and REPASSAC your answers are gratefully received. So far I have only connected the Humax to my TV by scart to TV's AV1 connection. I am waiting for a HDMI switch unit to come as my TV only has 1 HDMI. So far after pressing lots of buttons and looking at menus and the manual the system seems to work this way. Switch on TV only picture shows then freezes and a message banner appears showing "searching for MEGH-5". Remove scart TV OK works normally. Replace scart switch on Humax blue light comes on TV automatically connects to AV1 and all works well. Try to put Humax into standby mode TV turns off. Change TV input back to TV picture freezes as before. Any new ideas guys this has got me baffled. Have connected up many systems in my time and never sen this before.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 17:38:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ghost 911 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you Graham and REPASSAC your answers are gratefully received. So far I have only connected the Humax to my TV by scart to TV's AV1 connection. I am waiting for a HDMI switch unit to come as my TV only has 1 HDMI. So far after pressing lots of buttons and looking at menus and the manual the system seems to work this way. Switch on TV only picture shows then freezes and a message banner appears showing "searching for MEGH-5". Remove scart TV OK works normally. Replace scart switch on Humax blue light comes on TV automatically connects to AV1 and all works well. Try to put Humax into standby mode TV turns off. Change TV input back to TV picture freezes as before. Any new ideas guys this has got me baffled. Have connected up many systems in my time and never sen this before.

I think you may be confusing two issues. If you turn the box off and the TV is set to scart input of course your TV picture will go. The feed to the TV aerial will also go as well unless you turn off power saving in sby on the box. Without this there is no aerial loop through to the TV. All new boxes have a low power sby mode that amongst other things turns off the rf loop amp.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 17:47:59 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

SCART normally asserts it presence by placing voltage on 1 pin. The TV handles it by switching to the SCART source. TV's do not all behave the same when the voltage is dropped but I would expect the TV to resume on it's tuners.

Are you on the latest TV firmware?

If you are expecting the HDMI switch soon - I would not waste a lot of time on the present problem.

Edit: Graham's answer looks the ticket.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 17:54:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.