My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Remote universal code shutting TV

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notusual

I have Humax HDR 1100S. I am very pleased with it. But I need advice please.

I have set the remote up with a code to be universal, and it controls the TV too, except in one respect. The standby button does not shut down the TV, only the Humax box. Will it always be a two stage process to shut down and start up, using first the STB button and then the TV button, to turn it off? Or is it worth trawling through all the codes to see if one of them shuts down both the STB and the TV together? -Mike

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 14:12:57 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You could perhaps use the CEC feature of the TV to do this. CEC is called different things depending on the make of TV.

Personally, I do not trust CEC to work consistently between different makes of TV and PVR and prefer to use an activity-based universal remote control instead (ie Logitech Harmony).

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 16:51:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notusual

Thanks for this. I didn't know about activity-based universal remotes, but after reading up about them I feel they are just what I need. I have therefore ordered a Logitech Harmony 650. - Mike

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 23:51:54 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.