My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote Volume Control for AVR?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

As I'm picking up an Aura this weekend, can anyone please advise whether the remote is programmable to the extend of controlling my Denon AVR-1909 volume? Or am I restricted to unit or TV volume only? Thanks.

| Fri 21 May 2021 12:02:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

Hi - I am sure others with more experience of this will comment but in my case I have been unable to control my Denon AVR using the remote. The programming codes are very much TV based.

I use a Harmony universal remote which works well (no voice control or bluetooth though!)

| Fri 21 May 2021 12:27:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

Not using a Denon AVR but using a Marantz AVR, they are both owned by the same parent company.
    I am able to control the volume of the Marantz AVR using the Aura remote, the TV remote and of course
    the AVRs own remote. So I don't see why the same shouldn't be the case for the Denon AVR.
    The Aura would need to be connected to the Audio Return Channel (ARC) HDMI connection on the Denon
    if it has one. of course, should do though.

| Fri 21 May 2021 13:21:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

Bah, no ARC on my ancient Denon. Might have to go down the universal remote route.

| Fri 21 May 2021 14:21:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

All installed and surprisingly the AVR volume is being controlled by CEC. Not bad considering there's no ARC on the Denon AVR-1909.
    Horrible remote though. Too light, too many buttons, and not easy to navigate without looking at it.

| Fri 21 May 2021 20:35:05 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ruffage - 6 hours ago  » 
    Bah, no ARC on my ancient Denon. Might have to go down the universal remote route.

Does your ancient Denon not have a web interface. If so you should be able to login on any mobile device with a web browser using it's IP address on your network. Never had a Denon AVR that did not have a basic (.htm) web server.

| Fri 21 May 2021 21:00:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

My Denon has neither WiFi or Ethernet! It’s done me proud tbh and was a popular choice back in the day. Just not had the need to upgrade it yet.

| Fri 21 May 2021 22:02:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

ruffage - 18 hours ago  » 
    All installed and surprisingly the AVR volume is being controlled by CEC. Not bad considering there's no ARC on the Denon AVR-1909.
    Horrible remote though. Too light, too many buttons, and not easy to navigate without looking at it.

You'll get used to the remote, it is better than the one for the 5000T. Anyway time to treat yourself to a new AV receiver.

Since you have a new Aura can you report back on the picture quality on HD and SD channels, lots of people having problems with pixellation and drop outs. Seems to me Humax are using tuners bought round the back of a pub, would be nice to know if Auras bought recently may have had improved tuners installed from the earlier models. Make sure you have the latest firmware/ software installed.

| Sat 22 May 2021 14:59:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

macaronipie - 1 hour ago  » 

You'll get used to the remote, it is better than the one for the 5000T. Anyway time to treat yourself to a new AV receiver.
    Since you have a new Aura can you report back on the picture quality on HD and SD channels, lots of people having problems with pixellation and drop outs. Seems to me Humax are using tuners bought round the back of a pub, would be nice to know if Auras bought recently may have had improved tuners installed from the earlier models. Make sure you have the latest firmware/ software installed.

I'll let you know how the PQ goes. Early days yet as I only tend to use it in the evenings.

It updated when I connected it yesterday and it looked like normal Android TV. However this morning the GUI is more like the new Google TV, with no circular app icons on the left hand side like before. Wonder if there's an update log somewhere.

| Sat 22 May 2021 16:40:00 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.