My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote Working Intermittently

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CraigW

As today was warm decided to change my single output LNB for a quad unit. Connected everything up but it still said I was working on single cable and so performed a factory reset (needed to disconnect power and reapply as only Power Saving mode was being displayed). Went through the process and bingo both cables were recognised, but this is when my problems started. Now only 4th or 5th press of a button on my remote is being recognised. I have factory reset a number of times and even reverted back to one cable in case this was the problem. I also left the power out for 45 minutes as I remember someone experiencing similar. As a last resort I have updated to the new firmware in case this would kick it, but I am now out of options and so it is back to John Lewis unless anyone can offer some alternative ideas? Thanks

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 17:26:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Boot the box and leave it for 10-15 mins. Is the remote now operating normally now ?

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 18:04:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

CraigW - 3 hours ago  » 
    As today was warm...

Yesterday the sun was shining brightly thru my front windows right onto the 1000S and I found it completely unresponsive to the R/C. Drew the blinds and back in business. Never happened with my SKY box, that glossy front surface is another poor design choice for this box.

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 21:03:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

CraigW

Thank you for getting back to me. Well I left the power off the unit and new batteries out of the remote for 2 hours, and then plugged them all back in again. I have been trying for an hour to get the remote to work, but it still takes 3 to 4 presses to get a response. What was interesting was once on pressing the 'Recordings' button I did get 'there has been a temporary error please try again later' which is a bit worrying. A real shame as I have invested a lot of time on it and the wife has lots of recordings, but it is going to have to go back to John Lewis for a replacement as I have run out of ideas. Not good after only 3 weeks.

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 21:31:06 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.