My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remove or Lock On Demand Apps

(6 posts)
  1. hkhalil

hkhalil

Hi there,

Just wondering if it's possible to remove or PIN-lock the apps in the on demand section?

Many thanks,
    H

| Sun 1 May 2016 9:26:05 #1 |
  2. hkhalil

hkhalil

Does anybody have any ideas how to do this please (or if it's at all possible)?

My boy is at an age where he's quite capable of navigating around the menus and firing up YouTube. Would be nice to restrict that somehow.

Many thanks.

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 8:44:23 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If it is just YouTube you are concerned about then why not block it by creating a custom route in your router.

A nslookup for YouTube resolves to 172.217.18.238

Something like a route for 172.217.18.0 with a mask of 255.255.255.0 to a unused gateway address of something like 192.168.0.253 (depending of you subnet address.

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 9:44:30 #3 |
  4. hkhalil

hkhalil

Thanks REPASSAC,

I'll take a look and see if I can create a rule just for the Humax box. I obviously don't want to block YouTube for the whole household.

Have a good weekend,
    H

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 9:53:19 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

hkhalil - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks REPASSAC,
    I'll take a look and see if I can create a rule just for the Humax box. I obviously don't want to block YouTube for the whole household.
    Have a good weekend,
    H

Also have a look at limiting access to the internet for the Humax - Frequently it is possible to limit access to certain hours.

I doubt you can create a route just for a device on the same subnet.

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 10:36:07 #5 |
  6. hkhalil

hkhalil

Thanks again REPASSAC,

I can drop YouTube packets originating from the Humax using the firewall. If I want to watch YouTube videos on the TV screen, I can use the app installed on the TV (which does let you parental lock) or cast them from phone.

I emailed Humax support and they said they'd pass it on as a feature request, but unlikely it would be implemented anytime soon.

All the best,
    H

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 16:34:51 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.