My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Replace external hard drive query

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

I have an external hard drive attached to my HB1000S. The hard drive has become unreliable. I have bought a new hard drive. Can I detach the old drive, attach the new drive, format the new drive so it is paired to the HD 1000S, but still swap over with the old drive when I want to watch stuff I have recorded onto it? Or does the old drive become useless once I have detached it and attached a new drive? Also: can I copy everything I have recorded from my old drive to my new drive and read it from my new drive (so I can get rid of the unreliable old drive altogether without losing the stuff I have recorded)?

| Thu 28 Dec 2017 18:08:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have a HBxxxx but guessing that you swap the drives or even connect both using a powered USB hub. Unless some has has tried this there's only one way to be sure. You could try an old drive first and then reformat it in windows before buying a new one.

| Thu 28 Dec 2017 18:37:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

Thank you. I notice there is a second USB connection point on the Humax. Is it possible to connect a second Hard Drive and then copy files between the drives?

| Tue 2 Jan 2018 13:59:48 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Doubtful. You could try a USB stick for the second drive.
    The user interface is the same as the dual tuner model but some logic is model specific.
    On the dual tuner models a copy function only exists for files uploaded to the device and not for recordings.

Experiment.

| Tue 2 Jan 2018 16:06:43 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.