My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Replacement hard drive PVR 9200

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pablobrad

I have just successfully replaced the hard drive in my old humax PVR 200 with a Seagate ST3160022ACE. It is silent and running very smoothly. However, the only problem is that every now and again I get a 'hard disc error' message but only when I watch channel 4. When I watch any other channel I do not see the error message pop up. Has anyone got any idea how I can fix this?

| Wed 7 May 2014 9:08:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

john080347

I am having similar problems with trying to replace my hard disc in my 9200T, and have returned one faulty disc already. I understand that the original Seagate 160Gb disc is no longer made, and so I'm checking out the Seagate Barracuda 500Gb drives with a SATA/IDE converter. Still waiting for someone to confirm that this is a viable option.
    My problem was similar, kept getting a "Hard Drive Error", with consequent loss of recordings, and when rebooted started with a "Please wait..." message that never went away.
    I'll keep you posted with any developments on my side, but at the moment I'm finding it difficult to get a new, or at least a properly tested, Barracuda disc.

| Wed 7 May 2014 11:04:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

john080347 - 59 minutes ago  » 
    I am having similar problems with trying to replace my hard disc in my 9200T, and have returned one faulty disc already. I understand that the original Seagate 160Gb disc is no longer made, and so I'm checking out the Seagate Barracuda 500Gb drives with a SATA/IDE converter. Still waiting for someone to confirm that this is a viable option.

I can't confirm it will work as I haven't tested the combination. Certainly some IDE drives and some IDE to SATA combinations do work but what I did in that area is sufficiently long ago to be of little relevance. If you want to look see my post #34 in this DigitalSpy thread Link to DigitalSpy.

| Wed 7 May 2014 12:11:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john080347

Thanks Martin, I see you've covered this topic fairly comprehensively in the DigitalSpy thread, so I'll see if I can source a reliable SATA disc and report my findings for anyone who may still be interested.

| Thu 8 May 2014 8:45:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.