My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Replacement remote - "one for all"

(11 posts)
  1. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

having only had my t2 for a few days i can already tell that other people in the house using the supplied remote don't like it and will never quite figure it out. (pressing keys by accident, ending up in some menu they don't want, etc.)

question is this...

has anyone here had any experience with the URC7130 made by One For All?

the amazon listing is here -> amazon.co.uk/urc7130

it certainly looks good (in my opinion) and the reviews of it are ok. I only ask this here as i would value a review from this forum more valuably than those on amazon. looking at the pictures i think i like the look of the button layout - especially the location of the play/pause/record buttons.

i'm just not sure if it would be fully compatible with the t2. does anyone have any experience with this remote?

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:23:42 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

This 7557 is a revision of my 7556 which has more buttons to programme to give you fuller control of the T2.

I use mine with my Topfield 5800 PVR alongside the Foxsat HDR remote. Both give control over TV and AV amp while the 7556 also controls my VCR and HDD/DVDR and the Foxsat remote controls my Bluray player.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:40:19 #2 |
  3. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

thanks gomezz. hadn't seen that one before.

I should add that the reason i picked the 3in1 as an example is that in my setup i only have tv/t2/blu-ray so only require the 3 inputs. does the model you recommend come in a 3in1? just searched amazon, can't see one.

think i prefer the layout of the 7557 now and a 3in1 of that would be perfect.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:52:58 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Always handy having room for expansion. I really need a 12 in 1 but struggling to find one I like.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:57:56 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

gomezz have you looked at Logitech Harmoney remote? I may have spelt it wrong but I have six devices on it and the blurb says upto 254.

Andy

| Tue 21 Feb 2012 9:03:33 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have a Harmony 555 remote which I gave a go but really cannot get on with at all. I would sell it like a shot for a song if anyone made me an offer.

| Tue 21 Feb 2012 13:24:47 #6 |
  7. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

Just out of interest before i buy a new remote...

is there anyway of having the humax remote in pvr mode yet simultaneously having it change the tv volume with the volume button instead of the internal volume of the humax (hdr-fox t2) itself?

a type of "combination made" if you will.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 12:15:17 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The feature is called audio punchthrough. Other than changing the mode of the remote by pressing the TV or Amp button first and then the pvr button again afraid the answer is no. You need to retain control of the pvr volume button as you may need to reset the output after a factory reset.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 12:51:45 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have trained my OFA remote to use the P+/P- buttons as the volume control for my AV amp when in all modes. It would be better if you could set audio punch-through for this as well as or instead of for the TV but there you are.

(there are three other ways of changing channel so losing the P+/P- functionality is no big deal)

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:56:07 #9 |
  10. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

GeeDeeEss - 8 hours ago  » 
    Just out of interest before i buy a new remote...
    is there anyway of having the humax remote in pvr mode yet simultaneously having it change the tv volume with the volume button instead of the internal volume of the humax (hdr-fox t2) itself?
    a type of "combination made" if you will.

I don't think so. I have solved this by setting my TV volume at a level which is too loud when the T2's volume is on max. I then use the remote to control the T2's volume to an acceptable level - or mute it, when required.

WT

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 20:19:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.