1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

Hi all I am thinking off replacing HDR T2000 with HDR 5000t
    My question is are they worth the price

| Mon 8 Jul 2019 13:56:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

Yes,they are a good thing.
    I came to my 5000t when my previous Humax recorder was failing some 20 months ago.
    I had problems with it in the beginning,but with the latetest updates from Humax which came through the broadband it has turned into a good piece of kit.
    You must be aware though its operation is a bit slower than other Humax recorders,but I like being able to record 4 programmes at once,and the quality of the picture is first class.
    The operation of the 5000t is different to the previous models but with a bit of patience you will master it,I did.
    I do not regret buying mine.I am not a Humax employee just a very satisfied customer.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 18:36:02 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kenjohn - 23 mins ago  » 
    Yes,they are a good thing.
    I came to my 5000t when my previous Humax recorder was failing some 20 months ago.
    I had problems with it in the beginning,but with the latetest updates from Humax which came through the broadband it has turned into a good piece of kit.
    You must be aware though its operation is a bit slower than other Humax recorders,but I like being able to record 4 programmes at once,and the quality of the picture is first class.
    The operation of the 5000t is different to the previous models but with a bit of patience you will master it,I did.
    I do not regret buying mine.I am not a Humax employee just a very satisfied customer.

100% agree - but be aware the amazing recording capability eg 4 out of the 5 main HD channels, and even record the 5th using the timeshift buffer comes with a large storage requirement. If the OP records mostly HD and lots of series a 2TB drive is really needed.

Because of the complexity it can take a little while to analyse the addition of a new series recording to identify if the new one is viable but most of all to suggest a alternative recording slot for the new reservation.

If you expect the box to respond immediately, it will not.

However unless the broadcaster screws up the recording capability is very very reliable.

Picture quality as already said is great. The Netflix on demand delivers very good full-HD and unlike most of the broadcasters a exceptional 5.1 surround sound audio track.

Pair the box with a decent AV receiver and a 5.1 audio system (plus say a 1080p projector), you have a cinema in your home.

Add the box capability to replay media stored on your network using the built in DLNA client or from a usb connected device, I wouldn't want to lose my 2TB box.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 19:13:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

Thank you for explaining the ins and outs
    Your views were excellent very informative
    I think I will purchase one

| Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:57:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

It promises a lot but to my mind Humax had gone backwards in recent years. They are pulling out of Satellite and I question if they have a future.

| Sun 14 Jul 2019 14:52:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobK

If you have had a previous Humax box then prepare to be disappointed, very disappointed. The picture and recording capability of the machine are good, however the interface is appalling. It has numerous bugs that will frustrate any user and an ever growing list of problems as seen in this forum, many of which require you to pull the plug to 'solve' them. The only reason I own this machine was that I needed the capability to stream my recorded programs over my network, which it does do successfully. If you don't require the four tuners or network streaming capability then go for one of the BT Freeview boxes available cheaply off eBay, they are far more reliable and user friendly.

| Fri 19 Jul 2019 22:42:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.