My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Replacing Sky+ with HDR 1000S

(27 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"I have 3 other media players ..".
    You are not comparing like with like. The Digital Living Network Alliance has precise specifications for each DLNA class of device.
    A DLNA video client, for example, is only required to play MPEG-2 - the server being expected to convert other formats (unless the client tells it that it supports them).

However I do agree the client has faults, for example,
    - Not offering a choice of audio track where more than one is present.
    - Errors in enumeration of a folder.

| Mon 4 Aug 2014 20:27:58 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Humax 1000S spec, from the Humax site...
    "Home Networking
    Gather all your media and stream it anywhere at home.
    Play back a wide range of audio and video content from compatible devices in your home network.
    Play media files
    Stream videos, music, and photos from your USB drive, network drive, and any PC or Mac computer in your home. Our media library collects the content from all the drives, so finding the perfect video, song, or photo to view is easier than ever."

Where's the bit about the server, and the client being restricted by DLNA spec?

| Mon 4 Aug 2014 22:13:20 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"from compatible devices".

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 7:14:35 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I gave up on it when I discovered there was one choice for audio tracks and that was the first one. I find it dysfunctional but also adequate for the very basics, so I doubt Humax are ever going to fix it make it more compatible with other devices.

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 9:22:56 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    "from compatible devices".

Rubbish. Only a determined Humax defender, determined to defend Humax at all costs, would read it that way. Given your history in this respect forgive me if I'm suspecting that you're an ex-Humax employee or closely associated with it in the past.

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 9:42:34 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No never worked for them but have worked in a similar industry for a major multi-national. It is just I do know what is required of a DLNA client.

The advertising you quoted is recent and is a little overstated, pity it has no links to the technical spec which is what they previously advertised.

My main interest in the units features would be for the DLNA server)

For someone who said "I've essentially given up on this box" you still seem to have a lot of input. In any case given our positions I don't think anything would be gained by continuing this discussion.

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 10:19:00 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 4 minutes ago  » 
    No never worked for them but have worked in a similar industry for a major multi-national. It is just I do know what is required of a DLNA client.
    The advertising you quoted is recent and is a little overstated, pity it has no links to the technical spec which is what they previously advertised.
    My main interest in the units features would be for the DLNA server)
    For someone who said "I've essentially given up on this box" you still seem to have a lot of input. In any case given our positions I don't think anything would be gained by continuing this discussion.

I concur - and as the OP has now actually bought a unit, thread closed.

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 10:24:03 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.