My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

reset the default remote Channel of foxsat hdr

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallchr

hi, changed by Default channel on remote to 3 from 1 to avoid clash with BT box, now, half the buttons on my remote have died ( long story wont go into it!!) I have a clone replacement but of course thats still set to channel 1, how do I get the box back to 1, is there a way to reset the box without losing my recordings... help fed up with walking back and fore to the box to change channel!

Thanks

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 21:31:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallchr

ahhh so factory reset does not change the remote channel back to 1...ahhh

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 21:55:20 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hallchr - 7 minutes ago  » 
    ahhh so factory reset does not change the remote channel back to 1...ahhh

No it doesn't and 3rd party remotes don't usually support multiple modes. You need a genuine remote and change it back to mode 3 same way as you changed it before.

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 22:04:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallchr

Thanks so £20 then off ebay

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 23:07:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallchr

lesson learned, never balance remote on arm of sofa with coffee cup on floor.. and then let the dog jump on your lap!

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 23:25:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smike22

Hi,
    I hope you will allow an associated entry, as you are clearly familiar with changing the Remote code on both Remote and PVR.

I have just brought a HDR1100S PVR, and find that it's remote also operates the older Foxsat in the same room and vice versa.

I want to change the code on the new box, to avoid the risk of changing and Bricking the Foxsat with it's one terabyte archive.

Could someone please tell me how?

Anxiously,

Mike

Not feeling too happy. I brought the new machine for it's integrated Catchup EPG, and three days late, ALL4 was removed...ah well...

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 18:55:57 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Smike22 - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    I hope you will allow an associated entry, as you are clearly familiar with changing the Remote code on both Remote and PVR.
    I have just brought a HDR1100S PVR, and find that it's remote also operates the older Foxsat in the same room and vice versa.
    I want to change the code on the new box, to avoid the risk of changing and Bricking the Foxsat with it's one terabyte archive.
    Could someone please tell me how?
    Anxiously,
    Mike
    Not feeling too happy. I brought the new machine for it's integrated Catchup EPG, and three days late, ALL4 was removed...ah well...

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 19:22:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallchr

Make sure you have all other boxes switched off when you change it, otherwise it gets confusing!!

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 19:30:09 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hallchr - 2 hours ago  » 
    Make sure you have all other boxes switched off when you change it, otherwise it gets confusing!!

I tend to remove the power or cover the IR receivers. The problem is pressing zero boots some Humax boxes and as a result they can also get changed.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 21:33:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smike22

Thanks for your helpful input
    I eventually got feedback from Humax that the DDR 1100s does not accept alternate codes, though I had already established by experiment that that it's remote did, and could be used to alter the Foxsat.
    The instructions that you kindly provided worked fine for my Foxsat, so although this creates some problems (it's a long story) I am now have a workable solution.

Ta.

Smike22

| Thu 15 Mar 2018 13:48:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.