My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Restoring corrupt 9200 files to mac

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxuser2012

My Humax 9200T has got corrupted again (got very full then appeared to lose all recordings but really they are still there). The last time this happened I was able to copy them to my pc using humaxrw program, uncorrupt them and copy them back. This time I have changed my laptop to a mac and I can't seem to find an equivalent program. Please can anyone point me towards one or give me an idea what to do?

I got fed up and bought a new foxt2 so ideally I would like to copy some of the programs onto the new box. The children are bugging to watch all the thunderrbirds and pokemons from the 9200 though.

We have tried all our relatives for pcs rather than macs but keep coming up with hard disks too small or no administrator access. Please help!!!!!!

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 22:23:16 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Don't use a mac myself, but have a couple of work-arounds you could try.

The first involves you using an external hard drive to which you copy the humaxrw program and then transfer the files off the 9200 using one of your relatives PCs. Run from an administrator command prompt.

Other than that, have you tried using the linux version of humaxrw running from a live CD?

| Wed 11 Apr 2012 11:27:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxuser2012

Thanks for your suggestions. I am hoping to save using an external drive linked to laptop as a last resort simply because it will be very slow.

For your other option I'm afraid I know nothing about linux and switched to a mac for a challenge as I know a lot about pcs but nothing else! What would I have to do to use linux?

| Wed 11 Apr 2012 21:58:05 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Actually using an external drive and laptop is how I always transfer recordings off my 9200 and although a little slower than to internal storage I find the speed acceptable. The USB is the bottleneck in either case.

For Linux you would need the humaxrw-1.14.tgz file from here (link) and a 'Live ISO' you could burn to CD or DVD and boot from or it is possible to use a USB stick to boot from. Once booted you would need to unpack the .tgz archive on a writable drive and follow the instructions contained in the readme file. I haven't used that method myself so I am only guessing that it is possible. Let us know if you have any success.

BTW a belated welcome to the forum

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 15:53:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxuser2012

Thank you. I will try the external drive route next week when children back at school. Should the humaxrw file be on the laptop or the external drive?

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 19:20:38 #5 |
  6. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

As you have corruption and need to run in recovery mode I would place it in the root folder or the destination folder for your files on the external drive.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 12:46:39 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.