My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Restoring Recordings back to Aura

(9 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I was under the impression that recordings made on the Aura and exported to say, a laptop, could be imported back to the Uploads folder whence they would subsequently reappear as recordings on the Aura.

I have many recordings, both SD and HD on my laptop but I am not able to get them to reappear in Recordings, despite using FileZilla to transfer them to Uploads. All recordings have their original filename. Any suggestions, please?

| Sat 28 Jan 2023 16:49:11 #1 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Bump.
    Doesn't anyone know how to do this? I've contacted Humax and even they have no idea.

So what is the purpose of the 'Upload' folder?

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 11:21:22 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

When I try it works as expected. I downloaded a film to my computer and deleted it on the Aura then uploaded it to the Upload folder and it reappeared in the list of recordings in exactly the same place as before. You are using the Recordings>Upload folder and not the Settings>Upload folder?

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 14:33:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 3 weeks ago  » 
    I was under the impression that recordings made on the Aura and exported to say, a laptop, could be imported back to the Uploads folder whence they would subsequently reappear as recordings on the Aura.

Were the recordings made on the same Aura as you are trying to upload to? Has there been a reset to defaults or a hard drive format since downloading them? My suspicion is that unlike earlier Humax boxes where additional information for recordings are stored in sidecar files, the Aura is using a database to store the information and the problem with uploads is to do with whatever data is or is not in the database NB let me repeat this is only what I suspect without any actual proof.

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 15:51:38 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    When I try it works as expected. I downloaded a film to my computer and deleted it on the Aura then uploaded it to the Upload folder and it reappeared in the list of recordings in exactly the same place as before. You are using the Recordings>Upload folder and not the Settings>Upload folder?

Definitely the Upload folder under Recordings. Do you just copy the .ts file into Upload or do you include its subfolder as seen under the By Channels/By Series/By Time folders?

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 16:24:08 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 32 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 3 weeks ago  » 

Were the recordings made on the same Aura as you are trying to upload to? Has there been a reset to defaults or a hard drive format since downloading them? My suspicion is that unlike earlier Humax boxes where additional information for recordings are stored in sidecar files, the Aura is using a database to store the information and the problem with uploads is to do with whatever data is or is not in the database NB let me repeat this is only what I suspect without any actual proof.

The recordings were made on this Aura. They are all HD encoded (SD I can use VLC). The HDD has not been formatted, but there has been resets to defaults when I was trying to solve the issue of the Aura starting on the Home Screen when coming out of Deep Standby. Why would this prevent me restoring files back to the Aura? If this is the case, then I have a lot of useless recordings on my laptop!

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 16:32:41 #6 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Geoff_W - 1 hour ago  » 

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 

Definitely the Upload folder under Recordings. Do you just copy the .ts file into Upload or do you include its subfolder as seen under the By Channels/By Series/By Time folders?

Just the .ts file. Have you checked if this works with a recent recording?

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 18:10:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 1 hour ago  » 
    The recordings were made on this Aura. They are all HD encoded (SD I can use VLC). The HDD has not been formatted, but there has been resets to defaults when I was trying to solve the issue of the Aura starting on the Home Screen when coming out of Deep Standby. Why would this prevent me restoring files back to the Aura?

Let me be clear, we know nothing for certain. I could see it would be possible that the reset to defaults might clear and rebuild the database; but only experiments will determine if there is any truth in that.

Have you tried putting the recordings in say the Movies directory and playing them back with VLC?

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 18:30:29 #8 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@Mars and @Martin Liddle
    Thanks for your helpful replies. I decided to check again using a recent recording; 6/2/23 and surprisingly this worked - it appeared in the Recordings list. This tied in with Martin's supposition about resets. So I tried with a recording made before any resets were done. It worked again, so I tried with the oldest recording I had, from December 2021 and even that worked.

I have no idea what's happened here. The only thing I may have done differently is that after copying the file into the Upload folder, I kept everything switched on (FileZilla, Ethernet link, TV, Aura etc.) until the file appeared in Recordings several minutes later. Previously I probably only left the Aura on, expecting it to upload the file in the background.

So, everything seems OK now and I thank you again for your help.

| Sun 19 Feb 2023 19:18:23 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.