My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Restoring Settings

(3 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Just a quick question - If I have saved the Aura's settings and then do a factory reset, will I be able to restore the saved settings? I know I will lose all scheduling and have to retune and set up various logins (I believe my recordings will remain?) but it would be a bit of a pain to try and remember all the various settings which have been changed over months of use.

| Wed 4 May 2022 15:26:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I did a reset at the weekend and I restored all of my settings without issue. I did not do the full factory reset that deletes all the apps, just the Freeview one.

It wiped all the channels and timers etc. and then I just imported my settings from the Export file which is stored on the hard drive.

| Wed 4 May 2022 18:44:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sh2811

You can copy off the settings file (setting.json) using FTP and view it in notepad or something similar as it is only a text based file. It does seem to store the scheduled recordings BUT I think that if you do a re-tune and the channel numbers change in any way it doesn't re-load the schedule. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to make the software import the schedule even if the box checked each entry with you.
    I hate the fact that the auto-delete option seems to be set to ENABLED automatically after a reset which means that if you have less than 10% (or is it 5%?) space it will 'kindly' delete them for you. Not a good feature.

| Fri 10 Jun 2022 1:17:19 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.