My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Retune after Rio Olympics

(8 posts)
  1. ricke17

ricke17

Hello,

Is there a way of specifically only retuning the box so BBC4 HD (for example) returns to how it was pre-Rio? I am sure I read somewhere on here where this could be possible?

Cheers.

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 9:35:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

Just tried the following on my HDR FOX T2.

Manual Search - Make sure DVB-T2 is selected.

This searched for HD channels only (and others which are broadcast with the HD ones like Film4+1) and kept my recording schedule.

Only downside is that BBC4 HD came up as an 800 channel.
    Changing some of the other variables might solve that.

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 18:27:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

ignore.

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 18:29:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

I'm guessing that seeing as I didn't retune FOR the Olympics, I don't need to retune AFTER the Olympics, am I correct?

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 18:38:05 #4 |
  5. barryiow

barryiow

I had no choice about returning for the Olympic, my FVP-4000T retuned itself!
    I am waiting for it to retune itself again soon when they swap the channels back.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 10:07:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well my 2000T completely wiped my recording schedule just prior to the Olympics and I was reliably informed the same thing would happen again post Olympics.

However, the channels are now back where they should be, but for some inexplicable reason the recording schedule is still intact. This is the first time this has ever happened with the 2000T as any retune always wipes the schedule. I did have an email from Humax which indicated they were working on 'a fix' though I'm not aware they have implemented one so don't know what's going on.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 10:20:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

You should be able to use Manual Tune, and tune only the BBC multiplex or multiplexes.

You would probably need to delete all the BBC channels first which would lose the recordinbg schedules for those channels. Use the Postcode Checker for Freeview or https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Mendip to find out what the channel numbers are.

I am not sure whether all the Red Button services are on the BBC multiplexe(s) or whether some are on othe multiplexes.

The failproof method is to take photos of the Recording Schedule and do a full re-tune. You end up having to delete about 150 rubbish unwanted channels and re-reserve the recordi9ngs.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 13:30:23 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The Network Change Descriptor (NCD) as far as I can tell has not been broadcast so therefore a user retune is necessary for:

1. Olympic changes to be reverted

2. A few other channel relocations for example My 5 moved from channel 54 to 55, Viva moved 56 to 57, there are more channel re shuffles, I am not going to list them all.

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 16:00:06 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.