My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

rewind only up to 32x also no slow motion

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

petebryn

as in the heading, rewind only operates up to 32 x speed, and slowmo doesn't work at all. any ideas ?

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 22:13:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

petebryn - 1 hour ago  » 
    as in the heading, rewind only operates up to 32 x speed, and slowmo doesn't work at all. any ideas ?

Give us a clue; which Humax box do you have?

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 23:55:49 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

petebryn - 1 hour ago  » 

Give us a clue; which Humax box do you have?

At a guess a HDR-10x0S.
    I remember that 64X is not possible to implement and is classed as a documentation error. Don't remember about slowmo.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 7:02:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

petebryn

hi - hdr 1000s - can you pls explain a bit more. are you saying the 64x rewind/fast forward isn't available on this model ? I had a foxsat before, and assumed it would be the same, also the owners manual says 64x - is this what you mean by doc error ? Slowmo jus doesn't happen. I've done factory reset etc, but still no go.
    One other query - Ive come across the 'nowster patch' dated Nov 27 2012, which seems to enable removal of code to prevent download and copy to cd/dvd of hd programmes/films. Have i understood this right ? can you tell me if this works and is this patch the latest version ? - thanks for input.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 8:03:48 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

The HDR1000/1010s has no Slow-mo, for some reason the manual says it's a feature when it isn't.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 8:12:17 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes 64X is an error in the documentation - the PVR chipset does not support it. I don't remember if slow motion was the same or not.

The patch you refer to is for the Foxsat HDR not for this unit.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 8:12:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

petebryn

many thanks for replies - so there isn't any known way to bypass restrictions on turning viewed fims etc into cd/dvd's on the HDR 1000S ?

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 8:17:34 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

petebryn - 59 minutes ago  » 
    many thanks for replies - so there isn't any known way to bypass restrictions on turning viewed fims etc into cd/dvd's on the HDR 1000S ?

The only way is to connect to a DVD recorder via scart and record on the fly.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 9:18:35 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A laptop with a usb capture device or a PC with a firewire port and a DV converter (Canopus make a few models) will do the same job (digitise the content, in this case the output files are intraframe compressed so have data for every frame)

A DV camera with AV in will do the same job.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 10:06:38 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.