My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Ripping Recordings off the HDD

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Hi there. I've had my 9200 for about 4 years now - started to get the dreaded "no clock" issue last summer but I've managed to keep it alive by cleaning the pcb each time. Despite this it's getting flaky - missing recordings, locking-up etc, so I'm thinking of switching to a T1000. Trouble is I'm loathe to lose some of the stuff on the 9200's HDD...is there a way to get the data off? I was thinking of just ripping the drive out and plugging it into my PC - are the files in a generic video format or will they need converting etc? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, I see this HumaxDisk thing....will take a look.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 11:16:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Withnail73 - 55 minutes ago  » 
    so I'm thinking of switching to a T1000.

Personally I would suggest the Humax HDR-FOX T2 as a better option; that will certainly play .ts files from the 9200 without problem. If you use the custom firmware for the HDR and place the Humax disk in a USB caddy it is even feasible to copy direct from the Humax disk to the HDR.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 12:15:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Thanks for the reply! The primary reason I'm sniffing around the T1000 is the catch-up TV functionality - my Sony TV and BD have BBC and 5 but little else and it would be great to have all in a nice package, unlike the Sony apps which are woeful - does the HDR-FOX T2 have that?

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 16:16:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Withnail73 - 39 minutes ago  » 
    The primary reason I'm sniffing around the T1000 is the catch-up TV functionality - my Sony TV and BD have BBC and 5 but little else and it would be great to have all in a nice package, unlike the Sony apps which are woeful - does the HDR-FOX T2 have that?

If you want TV catch up functionality then the T1000 is currently the box to get; the HDR-FOX T2 only has BBC iPlayer. If you want the better PVR then the HDR-FOX T2 is the box to get. The other possibility if you are not desperate to buy at this instant is the HDR-T2000 that is known to be in the works but very little is known at the moment about its exact specification but I would guess that it will be an improved HDR-FOX T2 and maybe the improvements could include more catch up services.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 17:02:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Thanks, Martin. Good to know.

| Fri 6 Sep 2013 11:45:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveysawyer

FYI, you can ftp .TS files on and off the T2000. Just been able to copy a file recorded on a Foxsat-HDR (running a ftp server on Raydon's firmware) onto the T2000 and play it. I assume that it works in the other direction too, but not tried that yet.

| Thu 31 Oct 2013 21:58:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

daveysawyer - 1 hour ago  » 
    I assume that it works in the other direction too, but not tried that yet.

I suspect you will be disappointed. I would expect the HDR-2000T files to encrypted when copied of by FTP.

| Thu 31 Oct 2013 23:21:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.