My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Retuned and now can only watch HD Channels

(10 posts)
  1. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot

I retuned on Saturday and since then all channels were pixellating. I spoke with Freeview yesterday and we went through a manual retune to Heathfield and I can now only get decent reception on the HD Channels.
    There is apparently no 4G interference in the area and they are implying its the Humax box. Can anyone advise what the function of the 5v Antenna power is (will it boost the signal or does it just pass 5v up the aerial?) or is there anything else I can tweak on the box?
    Thanks

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 6:10:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Perhaps your main SD channels have been set to another transmitter and when you retuned the Heathfield channels manually they have been put up in the 800s leaving the distant one, maybe Dover or Bluebell Hill, at 1, 2, 3 etc. Have a look at your list of installed channels to see if there are any duplicate entries for BBC One etc. with high numbers.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 7:40:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The 5V output is to provide power for a remote amplifier. Don't turn it on unless you have such a device as some aerial designs are a dead short circuit to DC (The ones where the main dipole is a loop).

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 9:10:27 #3 |
  4. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot

Thanks for the replies - the SD channels are definitely coming from Heathfield. I have retuned my Television which has freeview built in an its as clear as a bell. Not sure what to do next as they share the same aerial - it goes into the Humax and out to the television as well as the Scart Connection. May go for yet another retune later when Mrs Colpot has a window in her viewing.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 16:32:00 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mr Colpot - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies - the SD channels are definitely coming from Heathfield. I have retuned my Television which has freeview built in an its as clear as a bell. Not sure what to do next as they share the same aerial - it goes into the Humax and out to the television as well as the Scart Connection. May go for yet another retune later when Mrs Colpot has a window in her viewing.

Have you channel numbers over 800 in the Humax box epg ?

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 16:38:49 #5 |
  6. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

When you tune manually do you select DVB-T for SD and DVB-T2 for HD?

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 17:45:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mr Colpot - 15 hours ago  » 
    I retuned on Saturday and since then all channels were pixellating. I spoke with Freeview yesterday and we went through a manual retune to Heathfield and I can now only get decent reception on the HD Channels.

What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax on an HD channel and a channel with poor reception?

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 21:53:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The TV may be tuned to Heathfiekd, But it sounds as if the Humax is tuned to somewhere else. As said above, check for duplicate entries with high numbers.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 21:55:58 #8 |
  9. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot

Thanks for all the replies - I have once again retuned manually to Muxes 41,42,44,47,49,52 and so far all looks ok.

| Wed 11 Apr 2018 8:57:10 #9 |
  10. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot

FenderBender - 15 hours ago  » 
    When you tune manually do you select DVB-T for SD and DVB-T2 for HD?

I didn't do this - the default appears to be DVB-T but the HD Channels are working fine.
    I have just had a shout from the Boss to say that channel 33 ITV+1 is bad and the signal strength is down to 48%. The Television is fine though (I don't know how to see the signal strength on the television though)

| Wed 11 Apr 2018 9:50:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.