My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Samsung Allshare File Transfer without a USB

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

t999mrb

I downloaded the Samsung "Allshare" software from the Samsung web-site. It lists my Humax Fox HDR T2. I downloaded a file from the Humax to my desktop. It appeared as an "avi" file which I could play in Windows Media Player! Is this news to anyone? I thought you had to use the USB route or customised Humax firmware to do this.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 16:41:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Was the file one recorded by the HDR FOX T2 or a non native one you uploaded earlier ?

Welcome to the forum by the way

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 16:46:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

t999mrb

It was recorded from the TV by the HDR Fox 2

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 17:22:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

t999mrb

A 3GB (non HD) .ts movie file tool about 5 minutes to download from the Humax to my laptop. A lot faster than via the USB stick route. Not sure if the file was "copied" or "streamed and saved in the .avi format" but its a lot quicker than the recommended USB route. The file is not encripted and plays whether or not my laptop is connected to my home network/internet

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 17:25:47 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

t999mrb - 20 minutes ago  » 
    A 3GB (non HD) .ts movie file tool about 5 minutes to download from the Humax to my laptop. A lot faster than via the USB stick route. Not sure if the file was "copied" or "streamed and saved in the .avi format" but its a lot quicker than the recommended USB route. The file is not encripted and plays whether or not my laptop is connected to my home network/internet

That's interesting clearly the box is decrypting on copying as it does to usb. Could be very handy tip for other owners.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 17:47:31 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

t999mrb - 16 hours ago  » 
    I downloaded the Samsung "Allshare" software from the Samsung web-site. It lists my Humax Fox HDR T2. I downloaded a file from the Humax to my desktop. It appeared as an "avi" file which I could play in Windows Media Player! Is this news to anyone? I thought you had to use the USB route or customised Humax firmware to do this.

I have this installed also but I could not find the Foxsat-HDR, but I installed TwonkyServer and it then showed up and I can indeed transfer a file, however mine shows up as an Mpeg ! Transfer rate is as fast as my WiFi can go, about 22mbps. I wouldn't say it's any faster tahn a straight copy across. I am curious to know why yours is avi

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 8:57:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

t999mrb

I have since discovered that while Allshare puts a avi file ending on the end of the file name it is still a .ts file and you can just edit the file name to remove the avi ending file.ts.avi to file.ts. As to the visibility of the HDR Humax device I dont have an answer. Is there perhaps a setting within the Humax to make it visible on you're network?

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 8:56:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

t999mrb

Sorry I forgot to mention. I have read that if you just copy the file across from the humax to the PC then the encryption remain in place hence the value of streaming/saving using AllShare

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 8:59:05 #8 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

t999mrb - 6 hours ago  » 
    Is there perhaps a setting within the Humax to make it visible on you're network?

if you install the custom firware and then add TwonkyServer, it then shows up on the Network, however you don't need to add the Twonky, just a DLNA server and then ht HDR shows up on the network.

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 15:04:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

acem8

This looks great, exactly what I am trying to do as I am building a HTPC to go into a seperate TV room.

I would be interested to know what software people then use to watch the recordings, I am leaning towards XBMC at the moment.

Are you still able to do the trick play (skip through adverts)and can you start the stream/copy while the programme is still recording?

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 0:00:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.