My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Samsung soundbar remote code

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

choochmunk

I have successfully programmed my Foxsat HDR remote control (rm-f01) to work my Samsung smart tv. However I cannot get the remote to work my Samsung soundbar HW-E450 I have tried all the codes listed in the manual and online manual. Has as anyone got any ideas or is the sound bar not compatible?
    Many thanks in advance.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 19:49:09 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Best idea I can offer is to get an activity-based universal remote from Harmony.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 18:22:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Personally I'd go for a Harmony alternative, the web interface you're forced to use with those is finnicky and often buggy, meaning you might have a problem like I did where you spend hours programming a Harmony 300i only to find the template you want to flash to the remote doesn't work. If you want to make any changes you have to hook it up to a computer, real pain.

I'd go for a https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-For-All-URC7960-Smartcontrol/dp/B0030GDLYS&tag=blusas008-21

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 20:39:10 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Patience is a virtue with setting one up just the way you like it but the reward is worth it.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 22:33:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Harmony remotes have some strengths, yes, but the setup and usage weren't market leading in my experience. You can't do anything without plugging it into a computer - something as simple as saying "I need that key from the original remote which isn't on the STB input by default" for example, you'd need to plug it in rather than quickly punching in a few setup codes which takes all of three seconds. I have "cheat sheets" printed which have every EFC of every device, really much easier than pulling out the laptop, finding the proper cable, plugging it in, spending ten minutes getting the damn Silverlight browser plugin to recognise the remote etc etc. And I never did solve the inter-key delay thing, apparently no one has... if you press a single button five times in a row there's a fairly large gap between each one rather than instantaneous action. That one in particular drove me nuts! No other remote series in the world works like that because it's so poor from a usability point of view.

If it works for you great, but for most people a simpler JP1 remote will do, and will be cheaper too.

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 0:40:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

gomezz - 12 hours ago  » 
    Patience is a virtue with setting one up just the way you like it but the reward is worth it.

Must admit, I have to agree with Gomezz. I spent several days tweaking my harmony One and now it does everything I want it to. I much prefer consumer electronics that configure via a PC GUI. For me, all that coded button pressing on a physical device is a real pain, but then I did work in IT for 30 years. It's 'horses for courses' everyone is different and have their own preferences.

PS - Maybe I was just lucky, but my Harmony web interface worked like a charm. I didn't experience any bugs or issues it just 'did what it said on the tin'.

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:22:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

chrissaf - 1 week ago  » 
    Must admit, I have to agree with Gomezz. I spent several days tweaking my harmony One and now it does everything I want it to. I much prefer consumer electronics that configure via a PC GUI. For me, all that coded button pressing on a physical device is a real pain, but then I did work in IT for 30 years. It's 'horses for courses' everyone is different and have their own preferences.
    PS - Maybe I was just lucky, but my Harmony web interface worked like a charm. I didn't experience any bugs or issues it just 'did what it said on the tin'.

I wouldn't have minded the PC GUI configuration so much if it had been faster and less buggy, but I still think simple things like moving one button for another should be possible on the remote "standalone" rather than lancing it up to a computer via USB. With the 975 learning code on the URC7960 you point both remotes at each other, press the button on the universal remote you want to learn a function to, press the button on the original remote and job done.

As you say though, it really depends on what you're looking to achieve. Sometimes I decide moving a few buttons around so the most used buttons are in the "thumb zone" (middle of the remote) and that can take just a few seconds.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 21:42:27 #7 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

zeke - 22 hours ago  » 
    I wouldn't have minded the PC GUI configuration so much if it had been faster and less buggy, but I still think simple things like moving one button for another should be possible on the remote "standalone" rather than lancing it up to a computer via USB. With the 975 learning code on the URC7960 you point both remotes at each other, press the button on the universal remote you want to learn a function to, press the button on the original remote and job done.
    As you say though, it really depends on what you're looking to achieve. Sometimes I decide moving a few buttons around so the most used buttons are in the "thumb zone" (middle of the remote) and that can take just a few seconds.

The problem with learning rather than using button codes whether via a GUI or numerical input is that learning uses more memory in the remote so reduces the number of functions.
    Though the GUI configuration can be slow you can achieve similar results to the old JP1 and JP1.2 methods without having to look up or decode the protocols and button codes.
    (Currently using an OFA Xsite Lite and a URC7555)

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 20:45:08 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.