My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Saving programmes from failing PVR9300T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JimC59

Background: PVR9300T is long in the tooth although looks showroom-ready. Menu no longer shows RECORD option but has added GAMES. This Forum and others diagnose these symptoms as HDD failure. Probably going to buy a replacement for the WD32AVVS HDD but would like to attempt to save the programmes held on it. Have removed from PVR and placed in docking unit. The HDD can be heard spinning but doesn't come up in W10 Explorer running on laptop in Safe Mode. Device manager does show a disk drive called "asmedia ASM1053E SCSI Disk Device".
    Can anyone advise what I can try next and whether humaxrw is still available and where to find it? I would class myself firmly at the novice end of the scale with these things!

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 13:42:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JimC59 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Background: PVR9300T is long in the tooth although looks showroom-ready. Menu no longer shows RECORD option but has added GAMES. This Forum and others diagnose these symptoms as HDD failure. Probably going to buy a replacement for the WD32AVVS HDD but would like to attempt to save the programmes held on it. Have removed from PVR and placed in docking unit. The HDD can be heard spinning but doesn't come up in W10 Explorer running on laptop in Safe Mode.

The 9300T uses a Humax proprietary file system that neither Windows nor Linux understand. You need to use a program called humaxrw.exe to access the recordings. You can download humaxrw and get some basic information from the FAQ at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw Come back to us with any questions when you have tried humaxrw.

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 16:39:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JimC59

Thank you, Martin, for getting me started. I downloaded HumaxRW onto my laptop and attempted to "run as administrator" but got no response. Thinking this was because it needs to be operated from the Command prompt, I opened this but, having zero experience of such things, I shamefully returned to more familiar W10 territory. Seeing reference elsewhere to the HumaxRW Front End, I located and downloaded that and, with the wounded HDD running in the docking unit, ran the Front End as administrator. This yielded a Window with download/upload tabs at the top and a blank square below. I went through Humax disk numbers from 0 to 4 on the right of the Window but the square remained blank. Are things looking bleak fro me retrieving any TV programmes off the HDD?

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 22:15:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pippin

I too have the same problem.
    Clicking on the FAQ link takes me to a very useful page,
    except that it does NOT have a link to download humaxrw.exe.

Also when I download the humaxrw front end file - where do I save it?
    I have also had an error message saying that humaxrw.exe has to be in the same folder.

Puzzled.

Using PC with WIN10 64bit.

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 22:18:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

pippin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Clicking on the FAQ link takes me to a very useful page,
    except that it does NOT have a link to download humaxrw.exe.

To see the two links you may have to page down the screen to the end of the post.
    One link is for a windows version and the other link is for a windows version. Both download files are in a zip format. Once downloaded you will have to expand the compressed file.

| Thu 29 Dec 2022 23:41:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 36 mins ago  » 
    One link is for a windows version and the other link is for a windows version.

I think that should read "One link is for a windows version and the other link is for a 32 bit Linux version.

| Fri 30 Dec 2022 0:19:22 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.