My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Scambling on start up only

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

suzannec

My new pvr9300t scrambles all channels for just a few minutes on start up, after a few minutes it settles down and is fine. It doesn't appear to affect recordings. When it scrambles I've checked signal detection and signal strength is 80-81% but quality switches between 40-100% but as I've said settled down after a few minutes. All channels appear to be equally affected.

Any ideas on what are causing these issues?

| Wed 3 Jul 2013 21:47:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

suzannec - 45 minutes ago  » 
    My new pvr9300t scrambles all channels for just a few minutes on start up, after a few minutes it settles down and is fine. It doesn't appear to affect recordings. When it scrambles I've checked signal detection and signal strength is 80-81% but quality switches between 40-100% but as I've said settled down after a few minutes.

That is a very unusual observation so I am unsure of the cause. How far from the transmitter are you? Do you have a signal amplifier in the aerial cabling ( either at masthead or a distribution amplifier or a signal booster)?

| Wed 3 Jul 2013 22:35:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

suzannec

The box is 30km from the transmitter and I'm not sure if I have an amplifier or not - aerial was fitted before my time several years ago. I've never had trouble with scrambling with the TV. I think I'm going to give a manual tune a try otherwise I'll have to refer to Humax Customer Service....! thanks for responding.

| Thu 4 Jul 2013 20:15:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

suzannec - 1 hour ago  » 
    The box is 30km from the transmitter and I'm not sure if I have an amplifier or not - aerial was fitted before my time several years ago.

30km is a reasonable distance from the transmitter such that unless there is a lot of amplification, too strong a signal should not be a problem.

I've never had trouble with scrambling with the TV. I think I'm going to give a manual tune a try otherwise I'll have to refer to Humax Customer Service....!

I doubt that a manual tune will help but it certainly will not do any harm. Let us know if you find a solution.

| Thu 4 Jul 2013 21:35:30 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.