My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Screen Pop Ups.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brooksy

We've a new LG smart TV and every 20 minutes or so the 1100S input pops up on the screen to remind us that it's available. I've disabled auto detect on the TV but it still happens. Is there anything I can do with the 1100S to stop this?

| Sun 7 Jun 2020 8:50:46 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Brooksy - 44 mins ago  » 
    We've a new LG smart TV and every 20 minutes or so the 1100S input pops up on the screen to remind us that it's available. I've disabled auto detect on the TV but it still happens. Is there anything I can do with the 1100S to stop this?

I am guessing you have enabled the remote record app which will wake your 1000S every 20 mins to check for new recordings.

| Sun 7 Jun 2020 9:36:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brooksy

REPASSAC - 24 mins ago  » 

Brooksy - 44 mins ago  » 

I am guessing you have enabled the remote record app which will wake your 1000S every 20 mins to check for new recordings.

My wife downloaded that app a good while ago as she presses any button that's offered to her

| Sun 7 Jun 2020 10:03:30 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The app will also work just as a remote control. You can disable remote record via settings on the 1000S.

| Sun 7 Jun 2020 10:14:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brooksy

I've solved it. I had to download the software update from the Humax website

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/09/hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf

Then,once copied from the memory stick into the recorder,I did a factory reset to get rid off the remote record program that remained running in the background. Simply deleting remote record from my wife's phone had not solved the problem as the recorder was still looking for it. There is no option in settings to disable remote record once it's been activated. Thanks for the advice, it helped me onto the right track.

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 21:39:11 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There is a place on the 1000S settings that could have disabled it. As you say deleting the app does not disable it. If you reinstall the app and do not pair it, it will work just as a remote control.

| Wed 10 Jun 2020 5:58:01 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.