My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Search function

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

I recently replaced my HDR Fox T2 with this model.

So far it's working ok but with a few niggles one day that are ok the next.

What I find very disappointing is the search by genre or general search function. On old machine it would bring up the programmes for whole 7 days. Now it will only search programmes for the day you are watching.

I thought there may be a fault, so contacted Humax support who advised me that you can scroll to different day and conduct search - which I had already tried! When I contacted them again saying I would need to return as faulty, they admitted they gave me wrong info and it's not possible for 7 days.

Can anyone please confirm that's correct or do I need to return my 2 week old machine?!

Will also add that I find this model's functions a lot more long- winded, layout too 'busy' and missing elements that were excellent on my previous one!

Thanks in advance.

| Tue 12 Sep 2017 23:29:26 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What you are witnessing is as it is, ie genre search only searches current Day.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 7:46:00 #2 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

If, by 'General Search' you mean the function where you type in three or more letters of a word in the title of the programme you are looking for, then that does search the next 7 days and finds whatever is in the EPG.

I still buy a listings magazine so I've never used genre search.

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 18:08:16 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

I have noticed that the search function works for the more mainstream Chanel's like BBC but does not seem to find programs on the upper channels like 60 or 66. I have checked going through the EPG for these channels. Is this an oversight?

Andy

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 20:06:56 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

athomson - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I have noticed that the search function works for the more mainstream Chanel's like BBC but does not seem to find programs on the upper channels like 60 or 66. I have checked going through the EPG for these channels. Is this an oversight?
    Andy

General search function or genre search via EPG?

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 20:16:12 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I just did a test and the search function worked for me on channel 60.

I found a programme called 'Fatal Attraction' in the EPG then, after exiting, I typed 'Fata' in the search box. It found 5 pages of that programme on channel 60 and 68, and also a programme called 'Fatal Vows on channel 68.

Are you completing all of the steps when searching? i.e. after typing in the word, or part of a word, the search may appear to have found nothing until you press the down button and then OK to reveal the results.

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 21:52:20 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Same for me when I checked earlier which is why I questioned which search function.

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 22:26:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

Thank you for your responses.

It was more the genre search e.g movies, news and factual programmes I used on old machine and found useful. Whilst I do use paper guide too, it's more time-consuming - especially as the print size is tiny (for me!) on the higher numbered channels.

Good to know that the general search works for the 7 days - assuming you know name of programme you are looking for.

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 14:11:39 #8 |
  9. athomson

athomson

special member

I was using search from the SEARCH button not the EPG. Though I have just tried again and the program shows up on page five of the results. Just ignore my query, perhaps I searched before the EPG was fully loaded last time. Silly me, sorry Barry.

Andy

| Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:22:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

The general search does no work properly. I recorded Gravity on ITV2 a few days ago. But it only recorded half of it - ITV2 has this stupid habit of breaking films into two sections.

I knew the film was on again, so I used the search function. Not only did it not find the recording I already had, it also could not any showings of the film via the EPG. I had to go to tvguide.co.uk, find the film, then go back to the 4000T to see it in the EPG and schedule the recording (this time it shows that it is recording both halves).

| Sat 23 Sep 2017 16:47:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.