My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Search function

(16 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

typonaut - 10 minutes ago  » 
    The general search does no work properly. I recorded Gravity on ITV2 a few days ago. But it only recorded half of it - ITV2 has this stupid habit of breaking films into two sections.
    I knew the film was on again, so I used the search function. Not only did it not find the recording I already had, it also could not any showings of the film via the EPG. I had to go to tvguide.co.uk, find the film, then go back to the 4000T to see it in the EPG and schedule the recording (this time it shows that it is recording both halves).

Search term gravity returns results for me.

| Sat 23 Sep 2017 16:58:50 #11 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

typonaut - 33 minutes ago  » 
    The general search does no work properly. I recorded Gravity on ITV2 a few days ago. But it only recorded half of it - ITV2 has this stupid habit of breaking films into two sections.
    I knew the film was on again, so I used the search function. Not only did it not find the recording I already had, it also could not any showings of the film via the EPG. I had to go to tvguide.co.uk, find the film, then go back to the 4000T to see it in the EPG and schedule the recording (this time it shows that it is recording both halves).

The same question I asked in post #6, are you completing all of the steps when searching?

i.e. after typing in the word, or part of a word, the search may appear to have found nothing until you press the down button and then OK to reveal the results.

This method instantly found 'Gravity' for me, on ITV2 and ITV2+1, after entering just the first four letters.

| Sat 23 Sep 2017 17:25:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

When I press the down, and OK buttons it finds results.

All this does though, is highlight the poor interface in this device. Here is exactly what the manual says:

"Press the SEARCH button and then enter a keyword."

It seems that to actually use the search function properly you have to be inducted into some secret orgnisation.

If the hit list when entering has no real meaning, then they shouldn't show it.

| Sat 23 Sep 2017 17:53:16 #13 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

typonaut - 1 hour ago  » 

It seems that to actually use the search function properly you have to be inducted into some secret orgnisation.

Congratulations! You have now been inducted into that secret organisation; 'My Humax Forum'

| Sat 23 Sep 2017 19:09:53 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

Don't you think that is nonsense though? The operation should be obvious, or the manual should detail the steps.

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 12:45:06 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

typonaut - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Don't you think that is nonsense though? The operation should be obvious, or the manual should detail the steps.

Not at all.

I am not sure if the manual has been updated to reflect the much improved search included with the last software update - caveat I have not looked at current manual online.

It's not rocket science to work out how to use the facility.

| Sun 24 Sep 2017 13:02:01 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.