My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Searching for programmes

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrx

Hello all
    New forum member but Humax owner for 4 months or so.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue...

Sometimes I search for a programme either on the mobile app or on the box itself and it shows that it has found a number of entries- shown in brackets. But then in the text says that no programmes are available. However, if I scroll through the channel listings I find them and can record them from there. It's very annoying, as I know they are available, but have to look up the times and channel on another TV guide then scroll through the freesat guide manually.

Example attached.

Anyone know what's going wrong?

Attachments

1. guide.PNG (72.2 KB, 5 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 21 Jul 2017 20:10:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

Same here since the update.

e.g.
    [Search Button] 'F1 H' provides two entries in search results.

'F1 Hungarian Grand Prix Highlights' expands correctly

'F1 Hungarian GP Qualifying...' does not expand. There are no entries to select although I can find them using [TV Guide Button].

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 16:11:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

If I use search, it will find programs beyond the 8 days that the guide will show.

I can't schedule recording of the programs. The only options I get are 'About' which displays the info and 'Close menu'.

e.g.
    [Search Button] 'bones' provides 45 entries in search results.
    Select an entry 10 days away.

| Sat 5 Aug 2017 22:08:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BrassMonkey

I see this bug too and it's really annoying. I thought it might just be related to long programme titles at first but a bit of experimenting suggests that it affects shorter ones too.

I also used to be able to search for "NEW:" and get all the shows prefixed with that but it now seems to just time out, providing no results on the app or box.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 14:48:39 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

BrassMonkey - 1 hour ago  » 
    I see this bug too and it's really annoying. I thought it might just be related to long programme titles at first but a bit of experimenting suggests that it affects shorter ones too.
    I also used to be able to search for "NEW:" and get all the shows prefixed with that but it now seems to just time out, providing no results on the app or box.

Have you tried "New:" - could it be case dependant?

I also believe that the search may be being carried out on the freesat server rather than the local guide - other reports get results for items not yet in the guide.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 16:22:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

It doesn't find anything for 'NEW' or 'NEWS' but does find entries for 'NEWS '.

At least the SMS style text entry seems to work reliably now.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 17:37:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rockerfella

I've the same search problem where items are available on the first screen then none available. Seems to be occurring more frequently.
    I emailed humax. Took them 20 days to reply with a generic message on how to reset the box.
    Is everyone having the same issue? If so something is broken and does anyone know how to fix it?

I'd like to revert to the previous software but the ftp link on humax times out. You'd think a technology company could run a Web site!
    Any one know where I can find software to revert back to?
    Thanks

The other issue I raised was when searching for programmes there is no longer a red R beside names already set to record. The only way to check is to go all the way through to a specific entry and find the "cancel record" option. Any one else miss this or is it just me?

| Mon 28 Aug 2017 15:32:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

It's not just you. The lack of the record symbol is really inconvenient - especially when there are multiple series with different crids airing at the same time.

There is also a problem with recording conflicts that aren't detected. This leads to failed recordings.

| Mon 28 Aug 2017 16:21:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hymer

Similar problems, in particular a search will show no current weeks programs available but plenty on catchup.

If I disconnect the network cable the search works as expected with all programs found. !!

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 16:32:59 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.