My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Second freesat box for streaming

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

OK brilliant thanks, just the information I wanted. I hadn't realised that raydon's firmware also worked with the Foxsats.

Can I ask one last question, if raydon's firmware can tweak the Foxsat HDR into a DNLA server, can raydon' firmware also tweak the Foxsat HDR into a DNLA client as well?

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 13:46:19 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

clare - 10 minutes ago  » 
    OK brilliant thanks, just the information I wanted. I hadn't realised that raydon's firmware also worked with the Foxsats.
    Can I ask one last question, if raydon's firmware can tweak the Foxsat HDR into a DNLA server, can raydon' firmware also tweak the Foxsat HDR into a DNLA client as well?

No. The firmware adds functions but the Humax application "settop" which controls what you see on your TV is untouched.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 13:58:47 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    No problem with any of what you say, except that the claimed DLNA compliant client on the 1000S does not work with my Twonky Server (the Server works with every other client I have). So what can we expect from the planned Server( other than speculate)?
    The T2 is a Freeview box as I recall. Maybe she wants all satellite boxes?

I am only expecting the server to serve it's native ts files and nothing more.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 14:03:54 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

OK, one final thought, and also picking up on Pollensa's final comments -

Although it seems like a retrograde step, in order to partly achieve my end goal, maybe I could put the 1000s in the kitchen for general live TV and recording "his" programmes. And put a Foxsat HDR in the lounge for live TV and recording general TV programmes. If the Foxsat HDR can be tweaked to act as a DNLA server, and the 1000s already acts as a DNLA client, I could at least send TV recordings from the lounge into the kitchen.

That should work shouldn't it, or should I put greater weight on Pollensa's warnings?

BTW Pollensa, I already own the 1000s; its a question of what else I buy which might interact with it. One day.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 15:01:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

clare - 6 minutes ago  » 
    BTW Pollensa, I already own the 1000s.

Same here.

clare - 6 minutes ago  » 
    its a question of what else I buy which might interact with it. One day.

Again, same here. Although I'm beginning to lose faith in Humax since today I had to format my HDD and lost months of recordings, some real gems among them.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 15:08:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

clare

Ahh yes. The "re format HDD and lose your recordings". That happened to me too a month or so back with all of our Christmas TV recordings. I swore I would give it one more chance on the basis that Humax was stilling ironing out its problems with the 1000s. Two strikes and its back to John Lewis though ...

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 15:21:37 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

clare - 31 minutes ago  » 
    OK, one final thought, and also picking up on Pollensa's final comments -
    Although it seems like a retrograde step, in order to partly achieve my end goal, maybe I could put the 1000s in the kitchen for general live TV and recording "his" programmes. And put a Foxsat HDR in the lounge for live TV and recording general TV programmes. If the Foxsat HDR can be tweaked to act as a DNLA server, and the 1000s already acts as a DNLA client, I could at least send TV recordings from the lounge into the kitchen.
    That should work shouldn't it, or should I put greater weight on Pollensa's warnings?
    BTW Pollensa, I already own the 1000s; its a question of what else I buy which might interact with it. One day.

That would work.
    For that combination I think the custom firmware with the earlier version of Twonky server would fit well. The later version needs a License.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 15:36:22 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.