My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Second TV in the bedroom.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Elderly relative she wants a TV in her back bedroom. Apartment block with communal distribution system, there is only a TV feed (one of both Satellite and Terrestrial) in the front living room. The Terrestrial/Aerial feed is unused (she's using Freesat Satellite on her Samsung TV, built in tuner, no STB) so the proposal is to plug into the aerial output then run a coax from there round the lounge into the hall then back bedroom where it is then terminated in a TV outlet box, ready to plug in the feed to the 2nd TV. She then closes up for the night and lies in bed watching TV. I've looked at every alternative and can't come up with anything better. Any recommendations?

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 14:52:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Other option is to split the satellite feed and run that into the bedroom, that way if she gets a suitable TV she will have access to all the channels she is used to. As long as only one TV is operated at a time, I can't think of any reason this won't work. Also, just check behind furniture in the bedroom for another outlet, I would have thought that there would be be one.

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 15:27:13 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Elderly relative she wants a TV in her back bedroom. Apartment block with communal distribution system, there is only a TV feed (one of both Satellite and Terrestrial) in the front living room. The Terrestrial/Aerial feed is unused (she's using Freesat Satellite on her Samsung TV, built in tuner, no STB) so the proposal is to plug into the aerial output then run a coax from there round the lounge into the hall then back bedroom where it is then terminated in a TV outlet box, ready to plug in the feed to the 2nd TV. She then closes up for the night and lies in bed watching TV. I've looked at every alternative and can't come up with anything better. Any recommendations?

Is there not a return cable already in the lounge wall outlet from lounge to bedroom ? This arrangement is quite common in apartments to allow a lounge Sky box to feed a bedroom TV using the magic eye system ?

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 17:43:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I should have added the apt block was built in the late 70's, so only one outlet and no others and no Sky feed to the bedroom.

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 20:07:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.