My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Series Episode CRIDS

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

I cannot identify the Series/Episode from the recording summary listing on my Aura.
    I have found that selecting i for infomation on each line item gives me the Series/Episode infomation i'm looking for but this is very tedious.
    This issue is on most channels but not all. BBC, Yesterday & ITV3 are OK, but ITV, Channel-4 and Quest are a problem.
    Those channels where the Episode/Channel is not shown, the Date and Time of the recording is shown in it's place.
    This issue if not dependant on series link.
    I understand that Episode/Series is related to CRID Content Reference IDentifier. Surely every episode has a unique CRID code, therefore i would expect this to be translated and shown on every program, just like SKY-Q.
    Have also found issue is not with all progams on Channel-4. Car SOS does have the problem but 'Escape to the Chateau' does not.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 12:17:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

Attachment resend

Attachments

1. 20210120_111056_1.jpeg (32.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. 20210120_110931_1.jpeg (35.2 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 20 Jan 2021 12:19:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

Car SOS shows Date and Time of recording
    The Serpent shows Series and Episode

Attachments

1. 20210120_112448_1.jpeg (52 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. 20210120_112641_1.jpeg (28.3 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 20 Jan 2021 12:35:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The answer to this is very simple. The way that different broadcasters include this data is inconsistant, as is the codeing.

Bear in mind that the episode number for series like coronation street can be in the 100's. Different broadcasters increment the series number and reset the episode number to 1 at different times but also change the series CRID code so that it's impossible to relate previous episodes to newer ones.

In this case a simple date/time of the recording will not work.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 19:31:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

Sky manages this very well, assigning Episodes to their relevant Series folder even when the same program is broadcast at a different time, they do this for all programs and all channels. If for example Sky can maintain a consistent Series/Episode identifier for Channels-4 broadcaster programs why can't Humax?

Attachments

1. 20210120_190632.jpg (46.4 KB, 9 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 20 Jan 2021 20:26:34 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

minnesotafats - 15 mins ago  » 
    Sky manages this very well, assigning Episodes to their relevant Series folder even when the same program is broadcast at a different time, they do this for all programs and all channels. If for example Sky can maintain a consistent Series/Episode identifier for Channels-4 broadcaster programs why can't Humax?

Never having used Sky. I can only guess they have their own system. Is that Sky-Q or Sky-HD ?. The channel you posted is entirely different. Sky is the broadcaster so of course they have control.

Other channels simply pay Sky to be on the Sky-epg. So all they do is have on them on epg. Programme and Series CRID codeing is down to the broadcaster.

Channel-4-HD is the only channel I cannot find the series and Programme CRID's for as it's no longer on Freesat.

The aura has no way to to display the CRIDS afaik. Find an example on one of the other HD-Channels I can find the codes. The BBC-HD ones recently have been a right dogs dinner as does Channel-5-HD. This results in recording the same episode twice.

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 20:44:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.