My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series link problem!

(7 posts)
  1. dcsmyth10

dcsmyth10

Hi,
    Bought a HDR1000 early January and am very happy with the performance. Have a problem to do with series link, specifically showing on Channel 5. Set record series on Ch5 and it is picking up programme on Ch5+24 as well giving me two recordings of each programme.. Any help/ideas would be great.
    Thanks

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 23:33:48 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Nothing wrong with your box so nothing to worry about there, it's all down to Channel 5 and how they use their crid data for series linking their program's.
    Unfortunately it's part of the norm for channel 5 and some of their program's.

| Mon 10 Feb 2014 0:01:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've seen it happen also on some BBC1 pgms. Set a recording on the regional variant of BBC1 and you get both the regional variant and the BBC1 HD version. All down to how the broadcaster has coded the pgm info.

| Mon 10 Feb 2014 9:26:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The idiots at channel 5 use the same series crid for the same programme irrespective of the channel. That's fine but they give a different programme crid for the same episode so any box thinks it's a different episode and records it. It's now possible to get a single episode 3 times, from 5*, 5 and 5+24.

| Mon 10 Feb 2014 10:42:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JDJD

Hi, would this also explain why our box is recording "Home and Away" twice a day? It is shown early afternoon and then the same episode is repeated later on and for some reason we're getting both. Its a bit annoying for my mrs to delete the extra ones.

| Tue 11 Feb 2014 23:04:40 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

JDJD - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, would this also explain why our box is recording "Home and Away" twice a day? It is shown early afternoon and then the same episode is repeated later on and for some reason we're getting both. Its a bit annoying for my mrs to delete the extra ones.

Yes indeed, you could always set a manual recording instead rather than relying on series link.
    Goto Planned in the Recordings menu and press right to Set Rocording.

| Tue 11 Feb 2014 23:24:38 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JDJD - 30 minutes ago  » 

Same for me, as Gonzo says you can set a manual repeating reservation. Sadly the repeat pattern omits the every weekday pattern found on other Humax pvrs, and doing it this way results in the episodes not being in a series folder. It's actually easier to look at the recording list and only watch the episodes from either 5* (which happen first), or 5. You can delete all of them once watched using the delete series option in the recording folder.

Best plan is to get Channel 5 to get the recording codes right, good luck, they are a bunch of nincompoops (in my humble opinion )

| Tue 11 Feb 2014 23:43:28 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.