My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series link question...

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Hi,

I have a question about setting a series link on the 1000S... If I am watching a program that is also a series and I decide I would like to record the rest of the series, why do I have to forward search a whole week in order to set a series record ?

Why don't I get the option to record a single episode or an entire series if I just press record on the episode I am currently watching ?

I either have to go to the +1hr channel if there is one or search a week ahead to set a series record, otherwise it just records what I am watching if it is playing at that moment.

| Mon 19 Aug 2013 22:51:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

99% of the time that is the case, but for some strange reason I recently pressed R while watching The White Queen on BBC1 and it did come up with the series option. Is this a broadcaster problem or a 1000S problem?

| Tue 20 Aug 2013 9:13:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

I'd say it's a 1000S problem because I can't start a series record link with any program on any channel if the program is already showing. My only option would be to record the current program and hope I don't forget to record the rest or forward search to the next episode so I can start a series record.

For ages I thought the series record option just wasn't working until I tried to create a series record with a program advertised on the showcase menu for the next day.

Then I started to test some programs running against some starting at a later time to find that the series record does work as long as you don't try to create one with the program you are currently watching. STRANGE !

| Tue 20 Aug 2013 9:57:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I just had a second instance of the "Series" question properly appearing when I pressed "R" while watching a program. The first one above in post #2 and now Master Chef, both on BBC1. So there is no consistency in this on my m/c, which leads me to think it still may be a broadcaster problem.

| Sun 1 Sep 2013 13:52:12 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.