My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series not recording

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjscribble

Hi
    I'm new here and hope this is the right place to post this. I've had a Humax HDR 1000s for a couple of weeks and finding it really good (owned 2 humax boxes previously freesat and freeview). The problem I'm having is that its not recording series. It gives me the option of recording a series and all looks good in the planner but it doesn't actually record anything. The instruction to record future episodes is still there in the 'planned' section but nothing is recorded. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known problem. Thanks in anticipation *edit* should add that it records single programmes just fine.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 12:47:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There are known problems with 1.0.16 software. Can you try setting a power on timer on the box about an hour before your first recording is due on any day until a complete fix is found ?

Settings - Power On Timer

You can also set a off timer.

Mine is set to power up at 12:00 and shutdown at midnight.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 13:02:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjscribble

Thank you, tried that last night and it worked fine

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 12:09:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pjscribble - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you, tried that last night and it worked fine

You are welcome, if you do get any recording failures, can you post channel and programme ?. It's all usefull data.

| Tue 8 Jan 2013 12:45:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimlfc69

Hi
    I'm also new to my Humax 1000s and have only had this up and running for a day or so. I have read a few forum topic posts but can someone please clarify?
    Does the 1000s currently not automatically record things whilst in standby, like the sky HD box, for example would do? In other words does it have to be power on to record anything?
    I left it to record "Silent Witness" BBC1HD Thurs 10/1/13 at 9pm but the box was in standby and nothing recorded.
    Seems a little daft that it cannot do this if this is the case, as recording whilst in standby is surely a fundamental requirement for such an expensive piece of kit.
    Many thanks in advance for your replies.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 23:38:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew C-H

Great British Railway Journeys (BBC-HD)

I set a series record for 'Great British Railway Journeys' on BBC-HD. It is broadcasting Mon-Fri 6:30pm for the next 5 weeks. When I checked on Sunday the planner showed Monday 6:30pm set - but that did not record.

Mon 07/01/2013 18:30 did not record
    Tue 08/01/2013 18:30 did record OK
    Wed 09/01/2013 18:30 did record OK
    Thu 10/01/2013 18:30 did not record

Overall, not at all reliable. And no indication of one-minute 'failed' recording that I've read about.

I have the box set to start at 05:00 and stop at 05:30 as recommended. I see the latest recommendation is to power up the box at hour before the first recording is due. Will that help? Note: Channel 407 shows an a good signal.

Mr Selfridge' (ITV1-HD)

Also, a series record of 'Mr Selfridge' on ITV1-HD (06/01/2013 21:00-22:30) also failed to record. I noticed and managed to record the ITV1+1 showing (but that's not HD).

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 23:56:06 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have the box set to start at 05:00 and stop at 05:30 as recommended. I see the latest recommendation is to power up the box at hour before the first recording is due. Will that help?

Yes.

Further testing by members has revealed that if timer is not within approx 2 hrs 30 mins of power on timer then it will still fail.

or

You could use start padding, downside is though this will stop the timer at the billed time, so if programme overran you would miss the end.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 0:42:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

Glad I checked back on this topic. When I got my 1000s recently I set the Power On/Off at 05.00/05.15 as suggested to avoid missed recordings but then noticed last night that we didn't have some recordings that I knew I had put in.

I am going to change the On/Off times to the midday/midnight now, until there is a fix. Hopefully any fix will also include some sort of notification that a recording has failed.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 11:56:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DevonLad - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Glad I checked back on this topic. When I got my 1000s recently I set the Power On/Off at 05.00/05.15 as suggested to avoid missed recordings but then noticed last night that we didn't have some recordings that I knew I had put in.
    I am going to change the On/Off times to the midday/midnight now, until there is a fix. Hopefully any fix will also include some sort of notification that a recording has failed.

I have retained a scheduled recording for Breakfast, it will fail every day until a fix is issued just as a quick check.

Failed recording messages are generated by other unrelated failures so presumably this will be retained.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 12:04:43 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew C-H

And another failed recorded!

Casualty (on BBC1-HD) Saturday 12/01/2013 20:50 failed. This was a series record that has been successfully recording for the past month. The episode did show in the planned recordings.

Borgen (on BBC-HD) series record worked at 21:00 & 22:00 on the same night.

Why did one work and the other fail? It seems to make no sense and is very annoying.

Channel 407 has a good signal. Box auto-on 05:00 and auto-off 05:15.

Should I leave the box on 24 hours a day until this problem is resolved? Will that help?

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 0:05:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.