My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series record adding wrong episodes

(4 posts)
  1. badbones

badbones

I have been using my box for 6 days now and I have noticed a problem with series record.

I wanted to set channel 5's NCIS showing on wednesday evenings at 9 o'clock.

If I choose to record a single episode all is OK but if I choose to record the series it adds the second showing on 5* on a different date and time.

The same thing has happened with at least 2 other programs.

Has anyone else noticed this and do you know of any way around the problem apart from manually setting single episodes each week.

I am using the 1.00.22 beta firmware.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:10:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the idiotic way that Channel 5 insist on using the crid codes, the same thing happens if you try and record the CH5 lunchtime soaps (Neighbours/Home & Away).

They use the same series crid for 5 and 5*. So if you set a series from 5 it will record the first one and after having done so looks for the next episode, it finds the early showing on 5* and schedules that the same day. Thereafter only the 5* version gets recorded. It's the same on Freeview.

Work around is to set a weekly manual repeating reservation with suitable padding. You have to keep an eye on the guide of course in case they move the time slot.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:19:18 #2 |
  3. badbones

badbones

Now I think about it the other programmes were on channel 5 also.

They need their heads banging together.

If they can get it right for the Sky EPG, why can't they do it for Freesat.

It looks like us Freesat users get treated like second class citizens lol.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:24:22 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

badbones - 3 hours ago  » 
    If they can get it right for the Sky EPG, why can't they do it for Freesat.

Main reason is because im pretty sure Sky look after their own EPG and crids whereas Freesat & Freeview relies on the broadcasters to provide the correct crids at the correct times.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 16:02:56 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.