My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Series recording problem?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bacoms

Hi, I've only had my Aura a few days so am still getting used to it. Mostly impressed, so far.

It replaces a Topfield TF5800 which gave me over 11 years of great service but is now showing its age so time to move on.

Perhaps someone here can confirm or not but there seems to be a problem with recording a series of programs in that, if you start to watch the series and delete them as you go before the whole series has been recorded, once there are no more recordings recorded, the recording of the remainder of the series is forgotten.

Anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 13:53:30 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bacoms - 2 mins ago  » 
    Hi, I've only had my Aura a few days so am still getting used to it. Mostly impressed, so far.
    It replaces a Topfield TF5800 which gave me over 11 years of great service but is now showing its age so time to move on.
    Perhaps someone here can confirm or not but there seems to be a problem with recording a series of programs in that, if you start to watch the series and delete them as you go before the whole series has been recorded, once there are no more recordings recorded, the recording of the remainder of the series is forgotten.
    Anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?

It's the way that Freeview uses Series CRID codes. Freeview has no way to signal the last episode in a series is being transmitted.

When you set a series the box uses a pair of crid codes (content reference identifier) A series crid the same for each episode and a unique programme crid for each episode.

when you create the series reservation the box looks through the epg to find the earliest event and schedules that episode (this might not be the one that you set it from. Once recorded it looks for the next episode and schedules that. Because the epg only has a 8 day reach if for some reason there is no episode in that week it wont find it till it reaches the epg.

The broadcaster will not recycle the series crid till 13 wks have passed without it finding another episode. The box will then delete the series.

No problem in viewing an episode and then deleting it. I think you are deleting the episode and series at the same time.

If you press the recordings button. The one under the voice assist button.

You see alternatives Schedule shows all the series reservations you have and when the next episode will be recorded. If the box currently cannot find another it says looking for programme information. If you already have the full series you can manually delete instead of waiting 13 weeks.

Choose a view that shows the recording you have just watched and select it. Look at the bottom of the screen red is marked as delete. press red and it's gone. Because the series reservation is still there the next will record when it's transmitted.

I had a topfield for many years.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 14:14:13 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.