My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series Reminder

(5 posts)
  1. badbones

badbones

As a former Sky user I am absolutely shocked to discover that you can only use series link when recording.

Why is this function not available for reminders too?

I along with many others will no doubt miss some favourite shows because we have forgotten to manually add the next reminder after watching each episode.

Hopefull this will be sorted in the upcoming March update as it is missing this (in my opinion) standard feature.

| Tue 26 Feb 2013 13:39:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

zed1601

A series link for reminders. I must be missing something. Why don't you just set it to record on series link. At least then if you miss the program live, it will still be recorded. Think Humax have bigger problems to solve with the March update.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 2:15:59 #2 |
  3. badbones

badbones

I think this is a standard PVR feature and this box doesn't have it.

And don't feel sorry for Humax because they should have sorted out all the bugs and other issues before the box went on sale. They rushed it out for the christmas market and their haste has cost them dearly - Software developers and OTA updates cost a lot of money and all the stress that owners have gone through could have been avoided if they got it right at the start. Humax's good reputation has been tarnished too as a result of their impatience.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 10:32:45 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Standard PVR feature?
    It's not something I've seen on other PVR's ive used apart from Sky.
    Personally I find reminders pointless anyway (especially on series link)as if there's something I want to watch that I don't want to miss I just set it to record anyway.
    That's the beauty of chase play, never miss the beginning and depending on which channel its on you can catch up to real time during the ads.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 11:04:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

looks like another former sky user who's "absolutely shocked" when the real world doesn't conform to how sky dictates.

haste/tarnished/impatient ?

I honestly can't remember whether I've ever used it or seen it, series-link only came in a few years ago and half the time the likes of C5 get it wrong anyway. Like others have posted, just set the recorder, that's the beauty of a digital pvr, nothing really matters, and delete want you don't want.

I don't think I've been "absolutely shocked" by any consumer electronics, pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised from time to time, however I was pretty shocked to find out a friend was paying over £600 a year to sky just for tv and not really getting much for it, hd+ and I don't think that included sports just some packages, some may call that absolutely shocking, "mad" springs to my mind.

It'd be nice to think that Humax might get series-link reminders in for you for this March, however I'm guessing that they have more pressing issues at the moment with the hdr-1000s

See how you get on with setting series-link recording instead, I'm sure you'll get used to it and as others have mentioned, you'll probably find it more useful in the long run.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 13:16:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.