My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Setting Channels

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

widgetwilk

Hi, new here so hope I can get some help,
    Have a Freesat box, but am having trouble with channels, can get BBC1 on 101, but BBC2 if I get it on 102 it is in HD and I have to use my TV controls to change volume, so I get BBC2 on 110.

BBC4 can only get in HD, is this right???
    The other channels I use are
    ITV3 103
    ITV4 117
    ITV5 128
    Channel 4 104

If I could get these all together on the Guide that would be perfect, but tnink I am hoping for to much,

So my wish is to only use the Freesat control, am I wishing to much,
    Tahnks for any help.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:04:41 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The sequence of all EPG's is strictly controlled.
    "So my wish is to only use the Freesat control, am I wishing to much"
    Wish granted.
    Change settings - change audio output from Multi-channel to Stereo on your HB unit.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:15:41 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 2 minutes ago  » 
    The sequence of all EPG's is strictly controlled.
    "So my wish is to only use the Freesat control, am I wishing to much"
    Wish granted.
    Change settings - change audio output from Multi-channel to Stereo on your HB unit.

It's in the TV settings options - Digital audio out - set to stereo.
    After doing this, turn down the TV volume. Using the box remote turn up the box volume to near max. Turn up the TV volume to normal listening level.

Check HD and SD are similar levels. After this control the volume level with the TV remote.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:21:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

widgetwilk

Thanks both for quick reply, now you might have to be patience, first, what is 'EPG's'
    you say change settings, now I might need an idiots guide, but do you mean settings on the TV control?
    Please bear with me, am a bit busy at the moment, but am going to give it a go later, I do really need your help,
    Don't suppose you either of you live in Norfolk UK, ha ha

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:34:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

widgetwilk - 40 seconds ago  » 
    Thanks both for quick reply, now you might have to be patience, first, what is 'EPG's'
    you say change settings, now I might need an idiots guide, but do you mean settings on the TV control?
    Please bear with me, am a bit busy at the moment, but am going to give it a go later, I do really need your help,
    Don't suppose you either of you live in Norfolk UK, ha ha

EPG - Electronic Programme Guide - what you look at to set recordings and see whats on each channel.

I have to assume the HBxxxxS models will have a very similar user interface to the twin tuner models with an internal hard disk.

Press the home button on the remote control. First check the box isn't recording or due to start a recording in the next 20 mins or so. The settings menu has options you can't alter in this condition. This assumes you have a usb drive attached to make recordings and enable live TV pause and resume. If not you can't record so you can ignore this bit.

If you do have a drive. Press the recordings button. Move up to planned to see if the box is already recording and when the next recording is due to start.

Press the down button 4 times to move to settings and press OK. Press right twice to move to Picture and Sound and press OK.

Press down 4 times to move to Digital audio out and press OK. Press the Up arrow once to move to Stereo and press OK.

Press Exit to go back to Live TV.

Turn down your TV Volume (so you don't blow out the windows . Using the box remote turn up the volume to max (the default is 50%). If you ever do a factory reset you will need to repeat the above, because the default volume level is 50% and digital audio out defaults to surround.

Now turn up your TV volume to a normal listening level.

Now both HD and SD channels should be the same.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:45:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

widgetwilk

Think I am going to 'love you' but give me till later to try all this, have copy and printed it off,
    watch this space, XX

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 10:11:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

widgetwilk

If I could 'kiss' you I would, have followed your instructions and it WORKED, I can only say a big thank you and what a wonderful forum this is, it is right at the top of my Bookmarks.
    Thank you, thank you XXXX

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 11:38:07 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

widgetwilk - 1 hour ago  » 
    If I could 'kiss' you I would, have followed your instructions and it WORKED, I can only say a big thank you and what a wonderful forum this is, it is right at the top of my Bookmarks.
    Thank you, thank you XXXX

You are welcome.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 13:16:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.