My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Setting up correctly -antenna in/out?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

StephenG

I've just moved and not getting a signal to my HDR-Fox-T2. Does the RF cable have to be in to the "antenna in" receiver from the main aerial connection or should it still pick up a signal on the "antenna out". I'm trying to work out if its a problem with this where i need to get a male to male adaptor or a problem with the aerial itself that is not allowing me to pick up a signal.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 12:32:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

StephenG - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I've just moved and not getting a signal to my HDR-Fox-T2. Does the RF cable have to be in to the "antenna in" receiver from the main aerial connection or should it still pick up a signal on the "antenna out".

It must be in the Antenna in socket.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 12:37:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It has to be in the in socket, the out is to pass on the signals to the TV. To do this while the pvr is in sby you have to turn off power saving in sby.

Does your TV work using it's internal tuners if you connect directly to the TV.

Have a look at your aerial, does it have a small box on the mast or possibly in the loft. If so chances are it's a masthead amplifier and the former owner has taken the power supply away. If so you need a new one.

If you have a local Screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-screened-masthead-amp-power-supply-12v/80459?_requestid=121845

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 12:42:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

StephenG

The TV also needs an adaptor if I plug it in to there as that is also a female connection, so it looks like I need a male to male adaptor. Thanks

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 12:50:41 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

StephenG - 1 minute ago  » 
    The TV also needs an adaptor if I plug it in to there as that is also a female connection, so it looks like I need a male to male adaptor. Thanks

That's odd, normal convention is inputs use male plugs (female sockets) and outputs the reverse. The lead you are using is designed to go from out on the box to in on the TV. Is it plugged into a wallplate ?

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 12:54:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

StephenG

I'm connecting the TV and box through an HDMI cable, but the antenna in and the aerial connection are both female.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 13:10:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

StephenG - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'm connecting the TV and box through an HDMI cable, but the antenna in and the aerial connection are both female.

They always are, it's your cable that's odd. Do you have a wallplate for the aerial or just a wire that comes out of the wall ?

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 13:13:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

StephenG

I have a wall plate that is female as is the antenna in, on the box, is this standard?

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 13:14:36 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

StephenG - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I have a wall plate that is female as is the antenna in, on the box, is this standard?

Yes - a standard cable has a male plug on each end. The cable you have is a patch cable (used to connect the rf pvr out to TV in sockets)

As you say you can convert it using a belling lee coupler.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 13:24:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

StephenG

Thanks Graham, I appreciate your support.

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 13:26:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.