My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Setting up favourites

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jono1

Hi, I am at a loss as to how to set up favourites on my 1100 S.
    Having looked at some of the comments on this forum it doesn’t seem to work for me.
    I have now almost given up and have made a list of channels and their number and use this route. At least that works.
    Perhaps someone else has an answer to this problem, as I’m sure I’m not the only one.
    Thanks for reading.

| Sat 30 Oct 2021 18:21:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jono1

Hi, I am at a loss as to how to set up favourites on my 1100 S.
    Having looked at some of the comments on this forum it doesn’t seem to work for me.
    I have now almost given up and have made a list of channels and their number and use this route. At least that works.
    Perhaps someone else has an answer to this problem, as I’m sure I’m not the only one.
    Thanks for reading.

| Sat 30 Oct 2021 18:24:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Jono 1,
    Welcome to the forum. To set up favorites, you simply go into Settings Menu. It does work when set up correctly. I use it all the time, but with a different Remote control, but it will work with the original Humax remotes. From there look for the section across the settings menu titled: "MORE". Then Icon: "FREESAT CHANNELS" Then you now have access to edit/add favorite channels. You then drill down & tick the ones you want as Favourite Channels. Then save when you press Exit button on your remote. If you want to add/delete favourites, simply return to this section of the settings menu. Yes, it is a bit confusing if you are not familiar with the various menus. The instructions are very basic. You need to play around to find some of features.

When you next press Guide for EPG, as far as I can remember (I use an programmed Universal remote these days with different setup than Humax remote) all you need to do is press "LIST" on Remote. This gives you option of selecting various Genre inc Favourites that you have setup. It should bring up the Favorites that you configured. Trust this all makes sense & helps? Please let forum know how you get on & if you need more help. John L

| Sun 31 Oct 2021 17:57:22 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think it is rather a lot of fiddling for most as you can't make the list selection sticky.

| Mon 1 Nov 2021 17:23:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi REPASSAC,

I agree with regards having to keep going into menu each time, but I have got used to it.

Each week when I programme my recordings from the Tv times, I simply press EPG, LIST & drill down/select Favorites & the EPG just shows my main favourite channels that I use, approx 25+ rather than loading around upto 200 channels. It works for me, but I appreciate not everyone may have the patience.

It's a great shame/oversight from Humax/Freesat, that the favourites are not easier to access or even have a dedicated button on the remote, but at least there is a method of saving time when keying in programmes. John L

| Mon 1 Nov 2021 17:34:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Franciss

I too am frustrated.
    All I want to know is how can I press the button thats called 'list'
    I see that is what i need to select.
    Next to it is page up, page down etc.
    My remote does not have a button entitled list.
    Ive tried every button.
    I see I need to catergorise.
    A drastic and time consuming way would be to delete all stations you dont want to see!!
    Help!

| Tue 24 Oct 2023 13:25:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Franciss,

The original remotes that come with the Humax 1100s all have list button, even the older Humax 1000s model. I have both remotes and they both work fine. Which model remote do you use?

I agree, function is not 100% to everyone's taste, but it works ok for me. Each time I want to access favourites (mainly for easy access to programming EPG each week) I press guide, list, then arrow up once to click ok for favourites. I know it doesn't stay there, but only takes a matter of seconds to access.

As for deleting channels, you can easily remove ones you don't want to see via the settings menu: editable channels, select ones to remove. Job done! Worth having a look. The menu is accessed when nothing is recording. Just discovered for myself (don't use menu much) that you can even press list again in editable channels mode to select channels. Just needs a bit of exploring.

If you want a more customisable PVR, worth considering an older Humax Foxsat, where you can even sort out channels, non Freesat/ Freesat to work with EPG firstly setup via web page browser with free customized software available to download for foxsat box. Hope this helps. John L

| Tue 24 Oct 2023 14:23:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Franciss - 1 hour ago  » 
    My remote does not have a button entitled list.

Are you using your RM-L08 remote?

The RM-L08 is designed for Humax's FVP-4000T/5000T and not your freesat recorder.

| Tue 24 Oct 2023 14:40:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Franciss

Yes I am using the RM-L08 remote.
    Supplied, they sent me 2!...from amazon.
    It was a used box..."in vgc"
    Which remote should I have?

| Tue 24 Oct 2023 15:30:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Franciss

btw John L, thanks for that detailed help you sent, Iv'e only just seen it...franciss

| Tue 24 Oct 2023 15:36:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.