My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Settting TV to default to HUMAX Box

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

brian - 1 day ago  » 
    You could try just the Scart with the Humax, and see if it auto switches your TV to the correct input. Also, see if you can detect a slight reduction in picture quality.

Thanks Brian,
    Tried just the Scart .
    Powered up the tv and then the Humax and it auto linked to the Humax channels....... and yes a slight reduction in picture quality which i can live with .
    Thanks for all the help from this forum
    keppy

| Tue 15 Oct 2013 16:35:01 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

keppy2013 - 27 minutes ago  » 

brian - 1 day ago  » 
    You could try just the Scart with the Humax, and see if it auto switches your TV to the correct input. Also, see if you can detect a slight reduction in picture quality.

Thanks Brian,
    Tried just the Scart .
    Powered up the tv and then the Humax and it auto linked to the Humax channels....... and yes a slight reduction in picture quality which i can live with .
    Thanks for all the help from this forum
    keppy

There should be a marked reduction in quality when viewing a HD channel and the epg and other overlays will be markedly fuzzy as they wont be overlaid in HD.

| Tue 15 Oct 2013 17:03:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi

personally I'd stick with hdmi and I think most other people here would, however HD will still look better than SD over RGB Scart, it'd be worthwhile checking the settings on your Humax menu preferences video tv scart that it is set to RGB.

I'd leave both hdmi and Scart connected and wait for something like Downton or a previous good quality HD recording and switch between hdmi and Scart to see if it makes much difference.
    The TV has a 1366 x 768 1080i resolution and will benefit from HD. People tend not to see the benefit of true HD 1920 x 1080p until a 40" sized screen or bigger

The Sony is a quality product and you'll probably find that if you put it side by side with a new same size cheap no-name 1920x1080 set then the Sony will still look and definitely sound better, even over Scart.

My partner's older Panasonic wouldn't auto switch to hdmi unless it was connected and tuned into an aerial. Now, on switch on, it will switch to tuner for a split second and then switch to hdmi, just need to leave an aerial attached even though the tuner is never used. Without the aerial it just sits there and needs to be physically switched/toggled to get hdmi eventually.
    If it were my Sony, I'd be tempted to see if it worked the other way round, i.e. I'd disconnect the aerial (and scart and anything else except hdmi to Humax), factory reset it, run through the installation again and see if will default to hdmi with nothing else connected, just a thought.

If you can get hdmi to work properly, I'd check that the preferences audio on the Humax is set to stereo and not multi-channel, set the Sony volume pretty high and just use the Humax to control volume, channels etc.

The HDR-FoxT2 is a brilliant box, you've made a good choice there.

| Tue 15 Oct 2013 19:13:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

Thanks for all the advice ..... I am no spring chicken myself and the Humax box i purchased for recording purposes only is to replace the Sky box my sister in law used 99% of the time watching freeview channels,and obviously wasting money. She now has nil cost and at 84 more than satisfied with the Humax ( using scart )

I have changed the scart to RGB (whatever that means ) and yes a picture certainly good enough considering the age of the Sony Bravia 32v2000 (6-7 years) .
    Thanks for all the help from this forum........... If it wasnt for the footy and test match cricket i would also kick Sky into touch and go down the same route.
    Cheers
    keppy

| Wed 16 Oct 2013 14:17:20 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.