My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

"She's dead Jim"

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harfin

My new HDR1000S arrived Wednesday which seemed to set up fine.

Yesterday (Saturday Jan 3) I tried to set the supplied remote to turn on / off the TV (as it says I can do in the manual). An earlier thread showed the image of the remote that is supposed to be programmable, and the one that came with my new box looks to be identical to that one. I tried for ages to do that, but nothing changed; I still need to use the TV remote to switch off the TV.

Last night, as is my wont, I turned off the box and the TV and turned off the power supply as well.

This morning, when I turned the power back on, the red standby light came on and when I pressed the power-on button on the remote, it (the red light) went off. Since then zilch.

The power socket is (that the box is plugged into) is working and there is a green light on the inline adaptor on the box power line.

No red light at all.

I have tried disconnecting the box totally and then setting it up again (as per the guide) - nothing; no red light, no text on the box screen.

I have reconnected by Foxsat HDR to the same TV etc, and that works fine.

Unless anyone has any smart ideas, I'll be on the phone to Humax Direct tomorrow.

Anyone any suggestions?

Harfin

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 13:22:47 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One thing you should be aware of is that the Humax remembers the state it was in when it looses power (Powered up or in standby). When power is restores it will wake set it's timers and if previously in standby return to standby.

The remote needs to be set to match your TV's code set to operate the TV.

You do not mention the brand of TV - The Humax supports HDMI-CEC which all the TV brands have invented their own names for. When enabled (usually the default) on the TV, the TV will also control power up and down of the Humax.
    I disable HDMI-CEC on my TV, however it does function correctly for some.

Suggestion: Set TV to the correct HDMI port. Turn off TV, Disconnect power from Humax for 60 secs. Re-power Humax (Use front panel) wait for 60 secs. Turn on TV.

See what happens. Remember to press the STB button on the Humax remote if it powers up otherwise commands will be sent to the TV.

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 13:41:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harfin

I have probably confused the situation by mentioning my preliminary problem (the remote control issue) but I was unsure whether that may have contributed to my current position.

Currently the HUmax HDR1000s box is dead. No standby light. No power. Zilch.

It hasn't worked today (Sunday) from the time i switched on the unit this morning onwards.

There is no red-light (Standy) showing. No signal being received at the TV. Only sign of life is a lit green led on the power adaptor which is in the power felliant TVed line from the power point towards the HDR.

The issue as regards the remote control is not critical, just nice to have. I can live with using two remotes, one for the TV and the other for the HDR. I only mentioned my activity yesterday as I was unsure whether my action with the RC had any bearing on the 'no-power' issue that I now have.

My TV as it happens is a Foehn & Hersch, 42" full HD set. Brilliant set.

Harfin

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 18:23:14 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Suggest you check that the power cable is well seated between the power supply and unit and if they are contact your supplier for a replacement unit (make sure they replace both the unit and power supply).

I presume your problem with the remote is finding out the code to you. Never a easy thing to do with own brand (Ebuyer?). If you know the actual manufacturer you could try their codes.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 7:42:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.