My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Should I buy a Aura?

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lohr500

Thanks Martin. Very helpful. That's exactly what I want it for. A PVR where we can record up to 4 channels at once and stream on the built in players. I am old school and prefer recordings to streaming as it is easier to skip through the adverts and somehow seems quicker to view the programmes (assuming they have been scheduled for recording in the 1st place!).

| Sun 4 Dec 2022 8:38:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I would second Martin's comments.

That is exactly what I use my Aura for and I would go out and by another tomorrow if it was to pack up. It absolutely knocks spots of the FVP4000/5000 which are slow as slugs, albeit still reliable... just a dreadful interface.

I use it every day, recording numerous programs and the only time it hasn't recorded is when broadcasts have messed around with their CRID information.

Use Plex and YouTube daily, again without issue.

Go for it, you will know within the 30 day return period if its right for you or not.

| Sun 4 Dec 2022 11:17:21 #12 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I agree with the other posters; as a straightforward pvr it's very good. Don't use Deep Standby and it's pretty reliable. This assumes you don't get a buggy one out-of-the-box with fussy tuners which cause pixellation etc.

As @Harters said, you have a 30 day return period.

| Sun 4 Dec 2022 16:57:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lohr500

Decision made. I will order an Aura and see how we get on with it. Will report back once I have it up and running.

| Sun 4 Dec 2022 17:52:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lohr500

1TB refurbished Aura arrived safely today from Humax Direct.

It was an absolute breeze to set up and link to my existing Google a/c.
    It was also easy to pair the remote to my Samsung TV & soundbar.

Having previously had a Humax produced Youview BT PVR, the control navigation seemed very intuitive and it was easy to grasp the basics.
    I'll spend the next few days digging deeper and learning more.

| Wed 7 Dec 2022 20:49:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

lohr500 - 3 days ago  » 
    Decision made. I will order an Aura and see how we get on with it. Will report back once I have it up and running.

Please do let us know how you get on with the new box.

| Wed 7 Dec 2022 21:21:06 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lohr500

So far, so good. Seems to be working well.
    I was very impressed yesterday over the ability to watch recordings on the other TV in the house (LG smart TV) by using the Aura App on my Android phone. This feature was new to me and something I had always wanted on the old BT Youview PVR box.

| Sat 10 Dec 2022 13:38:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ched999uk

ched999uk - 2 days ago  » 

lohr500 - 3 days ago  » 

Good to know, thanks. It does have some great features that no other boxes seem to have. I'm still undecided, I keep thinking the Aura is a few years old and no new developments so are Humax working on something better?

| Sat 10 Dec 2022 14:07:04 #18 |
  9. fixerman

fixerman

ched999uk - 11 mins ago  » 

ched999uk - 2 days ago  » 

lohr500 - 3 days ago  » 

Good to know, thanks. It does have some great features that no other boxes seem to have. I'm still undecided, I keep thinking the Aura is a few years old and no new developments so are Humax working on something better?

I am so impressed with my one year old Aura that I ordered a second one for my man cave. It has replaced an ageing Freesat PVR. I find that the AURA is streets ahead of any previous PVR. The only gripe is the lack of a Netflix option. I understood that the Netflix app was not available but I assumed that I could simply cast from any Android device to the Aura. Unfortunately that is not possible. Hopefully this will be resolved at some future upgrade. In the meantime I'm really enjoying all the other features of the Aura.

| Sat 10 Dec 2022 14:29:08 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.