My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Showcase and On demand not loading for over 2 days

(56 posts)
  1. jamonbread

jamonbread

HB1000S Showcase and on demand services have stopped working they just show "will take more than 1 min to load" permanently, for over 2 day its been like this, I ignored it at first thinking it would resolve itself.

The box doesn't have wifi, its connected via either-net cable.

When I check internet settings in the box's settings, its listed as connected to network.

I can only use netflix on other devices like my PC, and I thought Showcase info came along with the EPG data via satellite.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 13:53:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try a reset on your router. Pretty sure Showcase is IP delivered.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 14:11:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Similar situation happened to me with my HB1000S receiver yesterday. Whilst on Channel 252 Freesports I switched on Demand 5. I too am via an ethernet cable and although everything was showing OK I got the message. Cannot connect try again shortly. I switched over to BBC 1 and hey presto!!!

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 15:35:11 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. Graham is correct - Showcase is IP delivered.

2. Patsy also correct in changing to BBC can sometimes solve or speed up the showcase download.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 15:43:03 #4 |
  5. jamonbread

jamonbread

I just tried switching to BBC1 and left it for a few mins, but showcase is still unavailable to me.

I just tried using the backwards EPG on BBC1, and while available content shows up, when I select a programme to watch now, I just get a pop up saying "link currently not available"

I've tried resetting the router as well, but it hasn't solved the issue either.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 15:59:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

eljay

Hi,

I've been having the exact same issue, which also started 2-days ago. I get the same 'This should take less than 1-minute' message for On Demand and Showcase, and the 'link currently not available' message for EPG. So far I've tried the following:

Switched off router and Humax boxes at the mains for 5-minutes
    Factory reset the Humax box (several times now)
    Left on BBC One HD for an hour

I'm using WiFi, which hasn't been an issue before. The box says it's connected at 300Mbps, but I've noticed the Freesat ID icon doesn't work in Settings, saying 'Your box requires an internet connection to access Freesat ID'. Does this suggest anything?

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:14:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Apparently as per other post. There is a problem with demand. I have just tried and the problems are ongoing. Switched to my Now Box and all ok there. So a Humax/Freesat prob.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:42:54 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

In an effort to help I have just factory reset a HB 1100S and now have similar issues.

Believe there must be a server issue as on first use of EPG it is not connecting to server to populate.

Have highlighted to Humax Towers Manager.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:44:42 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you login to your router using a PC does your freesat device apppear in your router DHCP allocated IP addresses.

You can find your box MAC address and network connection details in settings - System Information - Network Info. Note the MAC address and IP address.

Armed with the MAC address you should find a Humax box in your router DHCP allocated adress with a IP address and matching MAC address.

Now open a cmd window and type ping yourboxIPadress and press enter.

If you get a reply your Humax is recognised on your network

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:45:11 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax Towers have acknowledged my message, all reports to them so far are from users whose ISP is Sky.

Can those having issues post which ISP they use.

| Mon 27 Nov 2017 16:50:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.