My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Showing Photos on HDR Fox T2

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

I have inserted a USB containing some photo's in JPeg format.
    Gone into Media/Photos & they all show.
    However those taken in Portrait mode are on their side i.e. 90 degrees out of phase.
    When I put the USB into my computer they are showing correctly i.e. the right way up.
    Any ideas why & the solution?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 16:17:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you tried rotating them in a photo editor (you could try Windows Photo Viewer, which has a rotate option) ?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 18:14:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

Thanks, but they are all showing the correct way up when I look at them on them computer using Windows Photo Viever.
    So I can't understand what the problem is.
    any more help?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 18:43:44 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Other than looking at which way up they are on the HDR FOX T2 and applying the appropriate correction not a clue. What resolution are they ?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 19:21:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

Graham,
    Don't quite understand your comments/question.
    They resolve fine, i.e. good definition when viewing on the HDR it is just that the items I took in Landscape are the wrong way up!

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 20:00:22 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johnooooo - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Graham,
    Don't quite understand your comments/question.
    They resolve fine, i.e. good definition when viewing on the HDR it is just that the items I took in Landscape are the wrong way up!

What resolution means how many pixels are there in both directions ?

If you rotate a landscape photo on the PC so it looks like a portrait one, how does it look on the HDR FOX ?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 20:18:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

As an example the resolution is 1536*2048 picture size 1.27 Mb.
    Also I have just looked at some pictures that I put onto the computer using XP & the portrait ones show correctly on the HDR.
    It's since I changed to Windows 7/8 that the problem has started.
    Does this give more information?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 20:45:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

I don't know what this proves but:-
    I have turned a Landscape picture through 90 degrees on the computer to put it into Portrait format & another landscape picture I have rotated 180 degrees so it is upside down.
    I then copied these to a USB
    On viewing on the computer the two pictures were out of phase by 90 & 180 degrees as you would expect.
    However viewing these on the HDR both pictures were showing in the correct mode ie in Landscape.
    So what's going on?

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 21:06:37 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johnooooo - 50 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know what this proves but:-
    I have turned a Landscape picture through 90 degrees on the computer to put it into Portrait format & another landscape picture I have rotated 180 degrees so it is upside down.
    I then copied these to a USB
    On viewing on the computer the two pictures were out of phase by 90 & 180 degrees as you would expect.
    However viewing these on the HDR both pictures were showing in the correct mode ie in Landscape.
    So what's going on?

Fascinating, if you can upload an example of each to a file share site I can have a play. I have a HDR FOX T2, Foxsat-HDR and HDR1000s I can try them on. The orientation will normally be specified in the file exif data.

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 22:02:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

Sorry, I don't know how to upload to a file share site, but does the following help?
    I have gone into the Picture Properties & looked at the detail.
    The picture showing as a Landscape has a width of 2048 pix & a height of 1536. The picture showing as portrait has a width of 1536 pix & height of 2048 pix.
    Thus proving they are Landscape & Portrait respectively.

Further information, I have now made a CD of the picture file from the computer.
    When I play this on the computer the pictures all show correctly but when I play the CD via a CD player the Portrait pictures are out of phase by 90 degrees.
    I know this did not happen when I used XP to create picture files/CD's so is it something to do with Windows 7/8?
    I'm a bit confused!!!
    Note:- If you could give me some advise about upload to a file sharing site I would try to do this if it would help

| Thu 30 Jan 2014 23:17:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.