My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Signal detection grey out in humax 5600s

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dbdiegoy

Just got a new humax 5600s and realised the signal detection under system is grey out. Does it mean decoder is faulting

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 8:37:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Was your box recording at the time ?

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 10:41:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dbdiegoy

No it wasn't. It's a new box, just installed, connect to satellite dish cable an TV. I was not able to get any channels and I though it was because of dish wrong orientation, so I've changed multiple times with same negative results. Then I decided to look at box menu and system and saw that the option was grey out. Can this happen because maybe the dish is not working well(it's an hold one previously used by previous house owner to watch sky) or the signal detection should work anyway and notify the signal does not exists ( in case the dish does not work)

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:46:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's not a box I am familiar with. I assume it's a non UK model and probably a generic fta box. Do you have access to any other known working satellite box (an old Sky box will do) to check the dish, lnb and cabling are OK, or can you try the box on a friends known to be working dish ?

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 12:23:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dbdiegoy

I don't have any other box unfortunately, and you're right it's not an UK model, got it in Italy to watch Italian TV with a tivusat card.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 12:41:32 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Dbdiegoy - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I don't have any other box unfortunately, and you're right it's not an UK model, got it in Italy to watch Italian TV with a tivusat card.

Sorry can't be more helpful. I never saw a satellite box of any description that wouldn't offer signal diagnostics other than when a tuner was being used to record. Does the box have reset to factory settings in the setup menus ? If so that's the obvious thing to try next.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 12:57:13 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.