My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Signal Issues - Retune

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ianblamey - 4 hours ago  » 
    Yesterday I watched the tennis live on BBC1 HD. Picture was good for a couple of hours then I started to receive the "no signal or too weak message" every few minutes.

Signal tests confirm
    HDR FOX2 - 85%
    PVR5000T - 100%

Which box were you watching the tennis on? Are the figures you have quoted signal strength or signal quality? If the figures are signal strength then your signal strength may be too high and you might want to experiment with a variable attenuator to reduce the signal strength to about 80%; alternatively it may be due to prevailing atmospheric conditions.

| Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:03:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Hello Martin.

I was watching through the 5000T. Figures quoted are signal strength.

This morning I recorded from 3 different muxes at the same time on the 5000T.
    All three tuners were 100% for both strength and quality.

I don't understand why the signal strength is so different to the HDRFOX2 which seems unaffected.

Many thanks

Ian

| Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:44:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ianblamey - 1 hour ago  » 
    All three tuners were 100% for both strength and quality.
    I don't understand why the signal strength is so different to the HDRFOX2 which seems unaffected.

Expressing signal strength as a percentage is a completely arbitrary scale which you can only compare with another FVP. A number of people with signal strength at a 100% on an FVP have benefited from fitting a variable attenuator into the aerial feed to the box and adjusting it to give a signal strength around 80% or if you have an amplifier in the aerial cabling turning down the gain. A Suitable item might be Link to ebay .

| Mon 15 Jul 2019 11:56:58 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.